Internet Explorer and other browsers dropping out. What is going on?

bstardchild

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Internet Explorer and other browsers dropping out.

Hi All

I had a Lumia 520 for a couple of years and I liked it, it replaced an XDA that was dying so was a distress purchase but it did pretty much everything I wanted it to do. First time I'd gone from back from a PAYG to a contract since a Nokia 1610

When the contract ended I was offered a Lumia 635 as an upgrade (provided I renewed the contract for another two years)

While the 635 has a bigger screen it's pretty much the same but I have a persistant issue with IE dropping out, you can browse the net for sometimes ages before it does it and yet other times it drops out the first page you open or scroll down.

By drop out I mean it exits the application without being requested and dumps you back to the tile screen.

I did search before starting a thread but didn't find any relevant threads

I had assumed that it was an IE thing but I've tried other Browsers (Opera, UC and Maxthon) and they all exhibit the same issue

I've tried soft resets, hard resets and that hasn't made the situation any better either.

It happens when bowsing on mobile data or good strong home wifi

Thanks for reading and it would be great if anyone has any suggestions?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Internet Explorer and other browsers dropping out.

Crashing back to start screen might be caused by a low amount of free internal memory.
Browser caching inflates as you browse the web with preloading content and images.
Do you have a lot of apps installed in the device or have you tried clearing the browser history?

bstardchild

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestions

Very few Apps installed probably less than 5

All my pictures and information is saved to memory card rather than internal memory

Internal memory 4.54 GB used 2.74 GB Free
Apps & Games 486 MB
Music Nil
Videos 819 MB
Podcasts Nil
Photos 13 MB
Email and Messaging 75 MB
Docs Nil
Downloads Nil
Maps 5 MB
System 2.94 GB
Temp Files Nil
Other 230 MB

SD Card 6.18 GB 1.42 GB Free (yeah everything goes on there)

bstardchild

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

Sorry missed saying I have cleared my Brouser Cache

This has dropped

"Other" to 57 MB

Still jumps out and back to start screen.......

bstardchild

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok I've solved the issue - unfortunately it won't help anyone

A friend had updated his iphone so I've been gifted an iphone 4S - it's in perfect condition and the browser doesn't drop out at all on either phone data or wifi (smaller screen and apple ios is a little different but it works)

I'll continue to try and fix the phones issues (on wifi) until I get fed up and sack it off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes