New user pulling my hair out

jpmarsh

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I took the plunge yesterday and decided to give the Lumia 710 a go. I am now thinking I made a mistake. The phone keeps freezing and i need to press the lock screen button and take it out of lock screen mode to get it to work again. It happens totally randomly, also the phone randomly seems to select tiles, numbers and apps without me pressing anything. Its like its possessed did consider an exorcism. I have factory reset the phone twice, but no joy still doing it even with no extra apps. :mad:

Have I got a lemon here or is this normal? Any help would be appreciated as this is doing my head in.

Thanks
Jason

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I took the plunge yesterday and decided to give the Lumia 710 a go. I am now thinking I made a mistake. The phone keeps freezing and i need to press the lock screen button and take it out of lock screen mode to get it to work again. It happens totally randomly, also the phone randomly seems to select tiles, numbers and apps without me pressing anything. Its like its possessed did consider an exorcism. I have factory reset the phone twice, but no joy still doing it even with no extra apps. :mad:

Have I got a lemon here or is this normal? Any help would be appreciated as this is doing my head in.

Thanks
Jason
I would say you have a demon...be careful as we have seen what they can do in Paranormal Activity. Honestly I haven't had any of those issues nor have I heard about anything like that. I would exchange it.

msmusicmaker

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You definitely have a defected phone. I have the lumia 710 from tmobile and have no issues like that. U should go exchange it.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the replacement will be fine... if it isn't, you're extremely unlucky. :D

Funny enough, I had to send my first HD7 back. It was doing strange things and I didn't want to risk keeping it. Got the replacement and haven't looked back.

BTW - Welcome to WP Central. Put this one down to experience, get the replacement handset and enjoy! :)

davsug

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Sounds defective definitely. Got a 710 on launch day and have had no real problems, aside from awful battery life, but hopefully the update, whenever we get it, will help.

jpmarsh

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I love the phone (when it works) love the way the operating works. So really want a working phone so will be off to the 3store tomorrow to get it changed.

Jason

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup, defective phone for sure. let us know. Is there an echo in here? ;)

*edit* reset your phone before you give it to them. Also you'll need to redownload your apps, so once setup live id, i'd download the "reinstaller" app first thing and go through that to get your apps.

Last edited:

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, defective phone for sure. let us know. Is there an echo in here? ;)

*edit* reset your phone before you give it to them. Also you'll need to redownload your apps, so once setup live id, i'd download the "reinstaller" app first thing and go through that to get your apps.

I second the reset you phone and heartily recommend the "reinstaller" app...though I just used it on my replacement phone, and since I had apparently downloaded almost 200 apps (thought not all on the phone at the same time) it took me a while to work my way through them. But well worth the work.

beej

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Totally sounds like a dud. I'm on T-Movbile, and they've been great with the couple of replacements I've had to do.

Did you get the replacement?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes