Lumia 710's speakphone is almost useless ..anyone else?

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
Everything about the Lumia 710 is awesome, but I found an exception: the speakerphone.

I tested with someone on another phone and using speakerphone on my end is almost unbearable for the other caller they said that I had to turn it off - a large amount of static/hissing sound. With another caller also using a Lumia 710 on speakerphone too, it's almost useless with the level of noise generated.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Give it a try if you haven't...I had mine for a month before trying it out.

Last edited:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Everything about the Lumia 710 is awesome, but I found an exception: the speakerphone.

I tested with someone on another phone and using speakerphone on my end is almost unbearable for the other caller they said that I had to turn it off - a large amount of static/hissing sound. With another caller also using a Lumia 710 on speakerphone too, it's almost useless with the level of noise generated.

Anyone else experiencing the same? Give it a try if you haven't...I had mine for a month before trying it out.

It's hit or miss with me. There are (usually rare) random times speakerphone will be choppy and distorted. However, I'd say 90% of my speakerphone usage is pleasurable. In fact, this phone has the loudest speakerphone of any phone I've had since a flip phone...

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
this phone has the loudest speakerphone of any phone I've had

Agree, the speaker is indeed loud. Perfect too for when watching videos or listening to music. It's definitely the microphone picking up something that isn't there. I'm almost tempted to record it since I'm surprised no one else has commented about it - it's that bad.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Agree, the speaker is indeed loud. Perfect too for when watching videos or listening to music. It's definitely the microphone picking up something that isn't there. I'm almost tempted to record it since I'm surprised no one else has commented about it - it's that bad.

You hit the nail on the head. Its loud and is great when it works, but the microphone is definitely picking up something that's not there, making it distorted as if it's waiting while someone is talking. I just recently forced 8107 on my lumia, and I don't THINK I've encountered the issue since then (not to mention my battery life is definitely better).

Perhaps you could give this a try, as 7740 Nokia firmware version may have had bugs. Hopefully the official 8107 isn't too many more month away.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
My speaker is loud on the 710 the speaker on the HD7 is a joke the 710 is so much better so when I saw this thread I was thinking wow because my 710 volume is loud both in playing music and games and when making calls on the phone....

opacityzero

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
I just recently forced 8107 on my lumia, and I don't THINK I've encountered the issue since then (not to mention my battery life is definitely better)

Glad to hear! I hope the update gets pushed soon.

gregoron said:
My speaker is loud on the 710 the speaker on the HD7 is a joke the 710 is so much better so when I saw this thread I was thinking wow because my 710 volume is loud both in playing music and games and when making calls on the phone....
Agree! It's awesome. But put a phone call on speakerphone and ask the other party how you sound...that's the issue.

Andrew Bares, editor at WMPowerUuser.com, acknowledges the same:
Call quality for the person receiving the call was great…. as long as I didn’t use the speakerphone. It is decently noticeable when someone is using the Lumia 900′s speakerphone.
Read review here

Last edited:

pvtpyle75

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this issue and it seemed to get worse after the most recent update. I have an HTC radar and the rest of my family has the 710. Everytime they call on speakerphone it sounds like they are in a tornado or the shower as there is a ton of static. The microphone must be picking up extra noise or interference. Very disappointed by this and not sure I'm going to go Nokia when I upgrade to 8 in a couple of months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes