Difference between camera of two lumia 720s.Need help

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got to know that my nokia lumia 720 camera was inferior to the one my friends had.guys can someone help out how can it have such a huge difference.
each and every settings of my phone and my friends phone were the same.just check out the images.
mynokialumia720.jpg
friendsnokialumia 720.jpg
As you'll can see theres a huge difference in the image quality
guys plz help

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
did you use the in-built camera app or nokia camera?
also (if you used the in-built app) did you use the dedicated camera hardware key or tap on the screen to shoot?

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
have contacted nokia care online waiting for their call because i am fed up with these ppl because just 10 days back i had visisted them 4 times in a week with loads of problems

JuxJake18

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
my phone pics bad even to nokia lumia 625
nokia lumia 720 nokia lumia 625
View attachment 60866 View attachment 60867

it's the imaging process thats gone wrong with the lumia 720. Nokia has not solved this issue, and i think it will never try to solve this issue. May I ask if your phone is updated to Black or Amber?

if so, we've experienced the same issue, there is one solution though: Downgrade back to GDR1. If you don't want to downgrade you should wait for the 8.1 update, if that will solve the issue :)

bhavya26

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
it's the imaging process thats gone wrong with the lumia 720. Nokia has not solved this issue, and i think it will never try to solve this issue. May I ask if your phone is updated to Black or Amber?

if so, we've experienced the same issue, there is one solution though: Downgrade back to GDR1. If you don't want to downgrade you should wait for the 8.1 update, if that will solve the issue :)
but even when compared with other lumia 720s the image quality is bad

Darko Radovanovic

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I think this is a hadware issue, the lens on 720 is made of 5 elements, if phone is droped or similar and one of those elements move it will give results like these. I droped my canon camera 50mm lense and got same blurry picture as this one. I have black update on my 720 and still my pics are better then iphone 4s and galaxy s2... So I doubt that software is problem...

Sent from my RM-885_eu_hungary_334 using Tapatalk

JuxJake18

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Since I've downgraded my Lumia, I haven't had any issues related to that kind of blurriness in my phone anymore. I also have not dropped my phone since it was in GDR1 up to GDR3, when I've upgraded my phone to Amber, these blurriness issue started to come out, and after I've updated it to Lumia Black, the photo algorithm stayed the same as it was in the Amber update, which where of the same quality in these photos. So for me, it's the software that has the issue, specifically the "Imaging Post-processing / Photo Algorithm" (I don't know what's the correct term) .

JuxJake18

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I think this is a hadware issue, the lens on 720 is made of 5 elements, if phone is droped or similar and one of those elements move it will give results like these. I droped my canon camera 50mm lense and got same blurry picture as this one. I have black update on my 720 and still my pics are better then iphone 4s and galaxy s2... So I doubt that software is problem...

Sent from my RM-885_eu_hungary_334 using Tapatalk

that's good to hear that you don't have any issues after updating your lumia to black, I really don't know why other 720's, including mine, have these kinds of camera issues. I've tried other Black ROMS, Hard reset the phone, restored default settings in the camera, but nothing worked, and my last option was to downgrade back to GDR1, which solved the issue.

Darko Radovanovic

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I can somehow printscreen and show you info so you can see what black rom it is, maybe it has something to do with countries... I seen that phone is manufactured in Hungary, I am in Serbia so most Nokias we got here are Hungary manufactured....

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

JuxJake18

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I can somehow printscreen and show you info so you can see what black rom it is, maybe it has something to do with countries... I seen that phone is manufactured in Hungary, I am in Serbia so most Nokias we got here are Hungary manufactured....

Sent from my Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

that would be great�� I've tried the France rom and the camera was still the same, and also the Philippines rom and the camera was worse than before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon