How can I fix my unresponsive touch screen?

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
touch screen unresponsive/Not working..Help Please.!!!

i am using lumia 720,it was working fine but few days ago touch screen becomes unresponsive when i use my cell during charging,buttons press automatically writing of text and many more,opening of apps etc irregularly..i am also facing a big problem that is Send,delete etc button are not working i cannt send message using messenger,messaging ap..wp_ss_20140926_0001.pngwp_ss_20140926_0002.pngwp_ss_20140926_0003.png
these buttons are not working please help me..this bottom layer is not working,every thing is here and this layer is not working i can't set alarm because i am unable to press OK button.
i tried soft reset also hard reset but problem is still here..please tell me what should i do now??
is it a hardware problem or software???

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: touch screen unresponsive/Not working..Help Please.!!!

Looks like it is the case with the hardware. I had a similar issue on an older non WP nokia with touch screen not working in one spot. I found out about it only when playing this addictive angry bird game and it would launch the bird without my permission. :D Come to think of it, it was more of Angry human than bird. LOL
If you have the screen in landscape mode do the buttons work?
If yes then if your phone is still under warranty get it checked out. If you are under DP one word of advice. Use NSRT and restore to non DP state and then take it to get it checked out. less risky that way as if you had DP then you might get told that it voids your warranty.

Cheers
s

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

no in landscape it is not working..
yeah i was on developer preview but last night i did hard reset..

Zohaib ZJ

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Looks like it is the case with the hardware. I had a similar issue on an older non WP nokia with touch screen not working in one spot. I found out about it only when playing this addictive angry bird game and it would launch the bird without my permission. :D Come to think of it, it was more of Angry human than bird. LOL
If you have the screen in landscape mode do the buttons work?
If yes then if your phone is still under warranty get it checked out. If you are under DP one word of advice. Use NSRT and restore to non DP state and then take it to get it checked out. less risky that way as if you had DP then you might get told that it voids your warranty.

Cheers
s
if it is a hardware problem then why i have to use NSRT to restore to non DP state

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit