Why isn't my photos application creating a Whatsapp folder?

bgagan72

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Photos application not creating Whatsapp folder

Hello I have Lumia 730.... First I had 16 GB micro SD card and all my data including images ,songs etc were in it.i installed several apps like WhatsApp Facebook etc on my phone memory and my phone were detecting all the photos inside the photos app which is given from windows... I changed my micro SD from 16 GB to 32 GB.. I transferred all my old micro SD data to the new micro SD... the problem is now photo application is not showing separate WhatsApp album..though I can see the Whatsapp folder created by whatsapp inpictures folder in SD Card and see all whatsapp content there. how can i make my photo application detect the folder again?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Photos application not creating Whatsapp folder

I think you should format your SD card again provided that you have all your Whatsapp backup.
Now insert your card. Open Whatsapp app, let sm1 message you with a pic or something. After that check for Whatsapp folder in files and you can see the same media which you got(if all goes well).
Now, connect memory card to pc, and transfer all media manually to Whatsapp folder. Never delete or transfer the Whatsapp folder which was created automatically.
Let me know if it helps

Ankesh Verma

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Photos application not creating Whatsapp folder

Solution: Connect your phone to ur pc via usb.. Go to sd card->picture-> select WhatsApp folder rename it to WhatsApp1 or WhatsApp2 as per ur wish.. Now open WhatsApp in ur phone download any picture from there now check your photos app WhatsApp folder is created and that picture you downloaded will show therr.. Now go to your earlier renamed folder copy all the contents of those folder to this new WhatsApp folder..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes