New Lumia 800 firmware coming soon (battery and camera fix + more?)

RiseAgainst94

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The GM for Nokia South Africa states - "We have just begun the software update rollout for the Lumia 800, beginning with India and Singapore, and will add more variants gradually over the coming weeks to the distribution. The full rollout will be spread over more than 6 weeks, and it therefore can take some time until you see an update available for you. "
Okay awesome. Good support.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody on Vodacom South Africa done this with success yet?

Guide: How to get the latest Lumia 800 update now. : Nokia Innovation

Any idea what the effect will be when future updates are released?
It should not have any effect on future updates as it is basically a 'standalone' or 'offline' version of the update procedure in Zune.. Been using my LUmia 800 a bit more than usual today and found the sound to be seriously improved. Not just more low, but overall much more balanced and transparent.

While I usually got the battery save mode kicking in by now with ~3hrs left I am just under 50% and have about 13hrs left.. So it was well worth it sofar..

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution or workaround to the volume bug that comes with this update (if volume is lower than 10 during an incoming call it will blast volume to max for a second or so, also music if that is playing)

The only workaround if have figured out is to enable silent/vibrate when putting the volume lower than 10. But that is somewhat cumbersome and I was hoping someone found a more elegant fix to the issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

philheaton

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Flashed mine using the cab sender method today at midday. Restarted the phone and now, four and a half hours after a full recharge, the phone is about to need plugging in again. :(

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Seketh

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Flashed mine using the cab sender method today at midday. Restarted the phone and now, four and a half hours after a full recharge, the phone is about to need plugging in again. :(

That is terrible even before the update! Take it to Nokia Care!

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
This is my 4th lumia 800. tired of dealing with Nokia Care.

*cough* bull**** *cough*

Sorry. But I really don't believe that's your 4th lumia 800. You're just some other sleepless jesus nut paid to coke on and troll other phone forums..

What's up? Scared of the marketshare nokia and Microsoft are taking?

Jog on :rolleyes:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
*cough* bull**** *cough*

Sorry. But I really don't believe that's your 4th lumia 800. You're just some other sleepless jesus nut paid to coke on and troll other phone forums..

What's up? Scared of the marketshare nokia and Microsoft are taking?

Jog on :rolleyes:

Take a look at the Nokia support forums - plenty of people have gone through many replacement phones. This is definitely a model with battery reliability issues.

philheaton

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Wtf? I git my first lumia the day it cane out in the UK on 16 November. Went back a week later due to constant reboots. Next one suffered a faulty camera button. Next one turned itself off during charging and refused to come back on. Not that I feel a need to justify myself to a prick like you, but I have been an active member in many Nokia forums, mostly on the maemo.org forums. I'm also a Nokia loyalist having owned Nokia phones for the past twenty years. I'm also a registered wp7 dev and a qt programmer.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nicely answered philheaton! :) (It's muppets like our delightful Yakkob here that I wish would just 'jog on' or shut up).

It looks like I'm going to have to take my girlfriend's Lumia 800 to a Nokia Care centre (insanely short battery life, also gets very hot).

Is there any advice you can give, when dealing with them?

Presonally I think it needs to be swapped (it's only a month old) but I'm concerned they are going to want to enter into a lengthy, "We'll send it off for repair..." type of arrangement which would be useless.

philheaton

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there any advice you can give, when dealing with them?

Personally I wouldn't take it to a Nokia Care Centre if you can possibly avoid it. Past experience tells me that the device tends to languish in the repair centre for a couple of days before being shipped to Nokia for repair/replacement. I think Care Centres are only able to deal with repairs up to level 2 (whatever that means).

I've had far more success in shipping devices direct to Nokia myself using UPS. Enter your phone's serial number in this page and follow the steps:

Nokia - Warranty Verification - UK - Nokia

UPS will collect the device the next day and usually get it back to you within a week. I have used this service for my N900, N8 and Lumia without any major problems.

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone sent off by a care centre, it took 12 days (inc. weekends) 'til it (the replacement) was back in my hand.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
OK..

I hold my hands up and I apologise to everyone who I ruffle above especially philheaton.
My outburst was not very well thought out, and said what I said without thinking. It was a heat of the moment thing.

I spent a lot of time on the crackberry site being helpful (If you look at my posts here, I have been helpful), and I just got sick of random people coming on the forums just to bash other phones /OSs. I saw Phil's low post count and thought the same was going to start happening here.

I actually have no preference of phone / os, but I don't go round other forums bashing.. It gets tiresome, and extremely tedious.

So once again.. I apologise. I hope we can move on from here.

Yak

philheaton

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Just had a look on NaviFirm and the 1600.2487.8107.12070 update for Nokia 800 RM-801 Carphone Warehouse UKGB CPW BLACK V1 (059N8H6) is there. I would guess that those with this handset can now update via Zune or at least in the very near future. The update is also there for Finland, Norway, Sweden and France amongst others for India, New Zealand Australia etc.

Looks like the roll out is starting in earnest...

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If your having problems with battery run you phone with the latest firmware with deadstock applications. Measure battery life and add applications slowly.

soupatoras

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Here is a question my phone says OS Version 7.10.8107.79 but the windows 7 connector for mac says Current Version: 07.10.08107.03, something wrong here?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes