APN Settings on Straight Talk?

stevenmcbeaven

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to get data to work on Straight Talk. I am using the att compatible micro sim, and i can text and make calls just fine, but i can't find the right setting for data. Can anyone help me out please.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
If you want data only, you can just add the APN in the phone/cellular settings. If you want MMS, I think you either need to go into diagnostics or download some Nokia network/connection setup app and add both APN and MMS settings.

I can't say much more because I don't own an 800.

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username:
Password:

MMS
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:

stevenmcbeaven

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want data only, you can just add the APN in the phone/cellular settings. If you want MMS, I think you either need to go into diagnostics or download some Nokia network/connection setup app and add both APN and MMS settings.

I can't say much more because I don't own an 800.

Cellular Data
Username:
Password:

MMS
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80
MMS Max Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL:
i ended up getting it to work, but the apn for data did not work, i had to use something else. I found the settings on straight talk's website

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
i ended up getting it to work, but the apn for data did not work, i had to use something else. I found the settings on straight talk's website

Why are you limiting yourself to 2G? Straight Talk uses T-Mobile's 3G band, which the Lumia 800 isn't equipped for. If you're willing to pay $60/month, you'll get unlimited talk, text, and 2GB of data on an AT&T MVNO. Why limit your phone's capability?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually, you can get a SIM on T-Mobile *OR* AT&T from Straight Talk:

Welcome | Straight Talk

I use a Nokia 800 on 3G with Straight Talk.

Of course you can, but your AT&T phone will be working at 2G speeds. If you're fine with that, go right ahead and do it. I just don't see the point of paying a lot of money for a fantastic smartphone and then handcuffing it with your network.

Any GSM MVNO will let you use a T-Mobile or AT&T phone since both are GSM networks. Once again, the Lumia 800 uses AT&T's 3G band (this is different than GSM/Edge/2G). Straight Talk uses T-Mobile's 3G bands. You'll be able to talk, text, etc., but your data speeds will be Edge/2G instead of 3G or 4G.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Of course you can, but your AT&T phone will be working at 2G speeds. If you're fine with that, go right ahead and do it. I just don't see the point of paying a lot of money for a fantastic smartphone and then handcuffing it with your network.

Any GSM MVNO will let you use a T-Mobile or AT&T phone since both are GSM networks. Once again, the Lumia 800 uses AT&T's 3G band (this is different than GSM/Edge/2G). Straight Talk uses T-Mobile's 3G bands. You'll be able to talk, text, etc., but your data speeds will be Edge/2G instead of 3G or 4G.

Actually, you're incorrect. Straight Talk offers an AT&T version of their SIM that uses AT&T 850/1900 bands so he'll be quite capable of getting 3G. See here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ww.straighttalk.com%2FShopSims&token=v80q2tiP

At least try and verify your information before posting! :p

eightypea

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I get 4g on straight talk with my HTC titan II but can't access the sms/mms apn settings...wtf

Seems to be an unfortunate aspect of Windows Phone handsets - no access to MMS settings.

I just use WhatsApp or similar IM program to send picture messages.

deniseford

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get data to work on Straight Talk. I am using the att compatible micro sim, and i can text and make calls just fine, but i can't find the right setting for data. Can anyone help me out please.
I am having the same problems switching my nokia over to straighttalk as well. Could you plz give me the APN codes that worked for you and the MMN or whatever the other thing is you said you had to put inn as well. As you can tell I am VERY new to this technology. My 1st smartphone and its driving me crazy. Also, did you have to put ur SIM card in with the gold side up??? I am having to do this to mine even tho it says the gold part is to be facing down. PLEASE HELP!!!!

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I use Net10 on my Lumia 920, Net10 is basically like Straight Talk. Everything works on my phone. I have the Net10 sim for AT&T, I get internet at 4g, mms, and text

BrandyLeigh Smith

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
you got it to work with out using an apn??? Can you explain to me how because i have been trying for over an hour and am getting very irritated because the apn is not showing what this paper says u r supposed to enter.. please reply back asap

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon