Lumia 800, Battery issues

SurfdudeRich

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

I've experienced multiple battery issues with my Lumia 800. With my previous phone, i connected it to the charger when i go to bed. With my previous phone i would wake up with a full battery. When i wake up and look at my Lumia, it has about 60% remaining battery life left.

Sometimes when my battery is low, battery saves indicated that it has 0% remaining battery life, and i can use it for several hours. Other than that, the battery life is dramatic, 8-10 hours to the most, while i used to get 2 days. And i turn almost all features off!

Do i have a faulty battery or is there a way to fix this?

theorangebandit

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. It fully charges over night but doesn't last a day. I'm tempted to go back to my Nokia 8800 ! Dail ##634# and it'll run up daignostics. In the list open battery output. If at 100% it reads anything other than 1000mah it might be knackered. Although im waiting on confirmation of it from others on here. A bettery isn't expensive but its not like a normal battery to replace. There's a very good video online of how to strip an 800 to its last bolt just google it also explains the tools you need

Sandi Gus

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I also have a battery issue after i've got an update (3,Sweden). The battery has always been good but after the update the it doesn't take that long until it's empty, for example it lasted easy for about 18 Hours, now it's about 9 hours, I've checked the diagnostics it uses alot more mA, I think it's the update, and a bit offtopic but after the 7.8 update my sound when playing music is very low, feels like 15 (when it was ok) when I have 30.. Help would be appreciated! :)

theorangebandit

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes Nokia have played with the volume and its annoyed the hell out of me and you could be right about the update causing battery as its becoming a pattern . Its stupid that after fixing a software issue with battery before they have possibly allowed another to happen. I'm not enjoying the token effort feel of 7.8 and im really not happy that my battery just dies so easily.

theorangebandit

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Today I fitted my brand new battery and wow ! Its sooooo much better . So my advice for any lumia 800 owner run the diagnostics and check your battery if its discharging less than 1000mah then its dying. Mine was at 130mah ! Which means it was just dead. New battery has also made the phone more responsive probably due to getting the right voltage to the processor

Sandi Gus

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds very good! I've got around 1250, bought it 26/1-2012, but as I said it after the update it has been worse..What's most annoying is the lower sound..Will it be another update to fix the issues? But I still love my lumia! My next will probably be the Catwalk, and I will give the OS a chance to December to get the apps I want, like instagram, snapchat and some Swedish bank stuff (instagram Rumored for this month).

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've also started having serious battery issues - used to last most of the day but now I find it's completely dead after just a few hours.

I've just run the ##634# diagonistics and it says current (discharging) 75mA which I assume this isn't good.

I'm on a 2 year contract until next Jan but I'm not confident with taking the thing apart myself and replacing the battery - is this the sort of thing I can send back to Nokia and get them to replace the battery? If not, I'll probably just have to live with it for the rest of the year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon