Strange Search and Appstore issue

tomm1ed

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Last weekend I upgraded from my trusty Lumia 800 to a Lumia 820 and besides absolutelty loving the larger screen and the higher speed I have 2 strange issues with WP8 itself:
- I can only install apps when connected through WiFi (it tells me Microsoft Account Services are unavailable)
- When I try to use search when connected with 3G, I can see that the speed goes to H+ but no search is conducted. The error I get is 'Search is unavailable right now. Verify flight mode is off and check your mobile dataconnection or WiFi' (Rough translation, my language is set to Dutch)

I can browse the web, update Twitter, etc so 3G data connection is operational, just these 2 things don't work. Does anyone have any idea who I contact with this issue. Tried two different SIMs (both Vodafone NL), which both work 100% in my Lumia 800. As soon as I switch to WiFi everything works as expected.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I already tried that, just for measure did it again. The same issue; works on WiFi, but not on 3G....

Hi tomm1ed i had problems like this, try turning off the WiFi when you need to surf on a data connection. Everytime i would go somewhere that didn't have WiFi and wanted to surf i would have to turn off WiFi or i would get the same message you had. It would always work for me. I just got the new update so i don't know if it has been fix with the update?.
Good luck.

Vaibhav Chauhan

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes if wifi and data connection both are on then it doesn't use data connection, even if the wifi is not connected to the internet, really annoying sometimes. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon