Bought Used 822 and 4G won't work

bmw3wags

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a used Lumia 822 and I inserted my sim from my Galaxy Nexus into it and I haven't been able to get 4G to work. Does anyone know why this might be? I live in an area that is blanketed with 4G so it should have a good signal.

PS I'm still using it on Verizon.

HYDR0SH0K

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The person that had it before most likely messed with the cellular settings. I did this before, trying to momentarily turn my 4g off manually, but made the 4g disappear. This was awhile ago, but I think I just refreshed the phone the fix that problem; if this is even the problem you are having. Hope this helps!

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AFAIK, Verizon doesn't use SIMs for 4G, only for 3G GSM roaming. If it was a Verizon phone that you bought, I believe you have to call Verizon to activate it on their network to take advantage of the faster speeds.

bmw3wags

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon uses LTE for 4G and LTE requires sim cards. Do you guys really not know this? It was a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that I switched from I have switch my sim from multiple Android phones in the past and never had a issue. I tried resetting the phone and that still didn't work. Thanks for the replies so far though.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I deal with Verizon all the time, and you are correct, it should work. I would look online and see if you can put in esn for your 822. And I am assuming that you started from a fresh factory reset. If that doesn't work, as much as I hate to call, I would call them.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon uses LTE for 4G and LTE requires sim cards. Do you guys really not know this? It was a Verizon Galaxy Nexus that I switched from I have switch my sim from multiple Android phones in the past and never had a issue. I tried resetting the phone and that still didn't work. Thanks for the replies so far though.

Nope - did not know that. I had 3G Verizon, and didn't realize they switched to SIMs for LTE. Learn something new every day...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

A Factory reset?

bmw3wags

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it was a factory reset. Looks like I will probably just have to call Verizon. Its not to big of a issue since SMS and MMS work fine and so does 3G. Just a minor annoyance thanks again everyone.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Before you reset anything, go into your cellular settings and set Mode Selection to" LTE and CDMA" then, if you are on a plan with free data roaming, set data roaming to on. I had a number of issues with data roaming off and the mode set to Global.

Gavin Mazey

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
This exact same thing happened to me coming from a galaxy nexus to a used lumia 822. I talked to tier 2 tech support and they told me that the phone was defective. So i took it to the local Verizon store and the rep there told me i probably need a new sim card and we put a active sim from the store in a voila lte worked. He activated me a new microsim and after about 20 min everything was updated and working great. Im really loving this phone now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar