Pictures taken with your Lumia 900 post em here

ItsLogan

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Rainysticks.jpgLeaf.jpgBench Arm.jpg Took these today during the rainy weather. Both of my posts on this thread have been of pictures in the rain. Not sure why, but there is just something peaceful that I love about rain. It makes me feel as if I have an excuse to just sit inside all day and do nothing. I get to open the windows, feel the cool air that rain creates, and just listen to the pitter of the rain hitting the leaves of trees. Love it.

Side note: I edited the first photo slightly in Gimp. The water slide to my pool was visible and I felt that it really degraded the photo. SOOO... in my best attempt I tried to get rid of it. If you zoom in you can probably see where I did a little work. I'm not what you would call an expert. :) However, the other two photos had nothing done to them. Came straight off my 900.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Took these today during the rainy weather. Both of my posts on this thread have been of pictures in the rain. Not sure why, but there is just something peaceful that I love about rain. It makes me feel as if I have an excuse to just sit inside all day and do nothing. I get to open the windows, feel the cool air that rain creates, and just listen to the pitter of the rain hitting the leaves of trees. Love it.

Side note: I edited the first photo slightly in Gimp. The water slide to my pool was visible and I felt that it really degraded the photo. SOOO... in my best attempt I tried to get rid of it. If you zoom in you can probably see where I did a little work. I'm not what you would call an expert. :) However, the other two photos had nothing done to them. Came straight off my 900.

Really amazing photos. I agree, rain is just so peaceful. It's like a controlled chaos, all these random droplets of water, falling, but yet creating a peaceful atmosphere. Reminds me that the Lumia 900 has the hardware and ability to take such awesome photos. I wish Nokia would keep updating it, at least changing some of the algorithms so photo quality is more consistent. I've had my share of frustrations taking photos and it just never came out like how it looks on the screen because of post processing the 900 does.

gettysburg11s

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Here is an image I just took. I have Camera Extras installed, as well as WP 7.8 (latest update). As you can see, its not a bad picture. I didn't use any fancy settings or a scene mode. Everything is on auto. However, there is still noise in the photo, even though its a daylight photo. Not a lot of noise, and its certainly better than the Lumia 900 at launch. My other smartphone is an iPhone 5, and it takes pretty much noise free photos in daytime. WP_000005.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-b050e801-aec5-4598-b7b0-246dfc16bb69.jpg
    PhotoChooser-b050e801-aec5-4598-b7b0-246dfc16bb69.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 107

anon(5876801)

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I was disappointed on how the auto settings in the camera handled environments. But being me, i fiddled with the settings, especially ISO, and Metering Mode. My first big foray into mobile photography was the New York International Auto Show a couple months back. This is a pic i took of a SRT Viper TA(Presumably meaning "Track Attack". And they say the camera is a disappointment....I strongly disagree.
Dillons NOKIA Lumia 900_000306.jpg

Attachments

• Dillons NOKIA Lumia 900_000306.jpg
    Dillons NOKIA Lumia 900_000306.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 4

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Seeing all the camera samples from the 1020 (and all the comparisons between the 920 and 925) makes me appreciate the 900 even more. Nokia really needs to tone it down on the WP8 noise reduction and post processing :|

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
African violet

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-e66723a8-2ae2-48e7-bca6-b02810bb26bf.jpg
    PhotoChooser-e66723a8-2ae2-48e7-bca6-b02810bb26bf.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 80

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Car I spotted

Attachments

• PhotoChooser-7085ad66-e194-4176-aa56-3163795051b6.jpg
    PhotoChooser-7085ad66-e194-4176-aa56-3163795051b6.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 76

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
WP_005186.jpg

Something a little less pretty I took a while back, an orbweb spider eating a bug that "flew" in her web. So happy I got this shot - pretty much had to put up my hand right next to the spider so the 900 would focus (it wouldn't on its own on something this small), lock it with a half press of the shutter button, remove it, step in a few times with digital zoom (I know I shouldn't have, which is why its a little grainy) before taking the pic :)

iasmith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
HI Guys, I have a problem with my nokia Lumia 900. i was using the touch light when the phone just shutdown, thinking it ran out of battery so i decided to plug in the charger and it never came on but rather just keeps vibrating with the searches, windows and back light blinking. can someone please advise as the phone is seal and very hard to troubleshoot.

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
HI Guys, I have a problem with my nokia Lumia 900. i was using the touch light when the phone just shutdown, thinking it ran out of battery so i decided to plug in the charger and it never came on but rather just keeps vibrating with the searches, windows and back light blinking. can someone please advise as the phone is seal and very hard to troubleshoot.

You're probably in the wrong forum - but i'd try plugging it into a wall charger and leaving it for about an hour to get a reasonable amount of power into it. Charging it via USB often doesn't supply the phone with enough power to boot - its happened to me before. After waiting an hour, unplug it, and boot the phone by pressing these buttons...

Volume down + camera + power. Hold these down. Then release them all when the phone vibrates. It should turn on, but if that doesn't work you might have to consider a hard reset (which deletes all your stuff and restores it to the state it was when you bought it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes