Hello,

Has anyone noticed an off-white tint on their Lumia's? My search fields, websites with white backgrounds, etc all kinda have an 'off white' tint to them.... looks kinda yellowish.

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Alex
    DalekSnare likes this.
    04-10-2012 12:39 PM
    I looked at them and the store and notice that immediately. Try taking the setting off Automatic and change it to high. I'll be it will look great.
    04-10-2012 01:05 PM
    I looked at them and the store and notice that immediately. Try taking the setting off Automatic and change it to high. I'll be it will look great.
    Correct, its how AMOLEDs work to conserve power.
    04-10-2012 01:38 PM
    Correct, its how AMOLEDs work to conserve power.
    How is this normal to conserve power?

My wife has the same phone (Nokia Lumia 900) and hers is not doing this (same exact settings)
    04-10-2012 02:06 PM
    I just got a 900 and my windows,search and back keys are discolored. They have a yellow/greenish tint to them. Its really bothering me. My 800s looks so much better.
    04-10-2012 02:26 PM
    I just got a 900 and my windows,search and back keys are discolored. They have a yellow/greenish tint to them. Its really bothering me. My 800s looks so much better.
    Try changing the brightness from auto to manual high and see what they look like.
    04-10-2012 02:49 PM
    Try changing the brightness from auto to manual high and see what they look like.
    Still the same. Slightly yellow and nothing looks truly white.
    04-10-2012 02:50 PM
    The original focus was like this had yellow capacitive buttons too. I don't think those ones have anything to do with the screen brightness.
    04-10-2012 03:01 PM
    I've heard of this issue. I was talking with another customer in a local AT&T store today. He said he believes it's from the glue they used making the phone...not sure if I believe that or not.
    04-10-2012 05:42 PM
    I've heard of this issue. I was talking with another customer in a local AT&T store today. He said he believes it's from the glue they used making the phone...not sure if I believe that or not.
    That's what they said when customers complained about how their iPhone's Retina display had a yellow tint to it. Whether it's true or not, I don't know.
    04-10-2012 06:17 PM
    Mine is yellow too, I will get it replaced. I hope they are not all like this. I hear nothing but praise for the screen so hopefully it's rare.
    04-10-2012 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD