05-17-2012 12:12 PM
56 123
tools
    If you open your email it'll still sync manually.
    Exactly.

The only thing you miss is the number of new emails on the tile. Not even a little necessary to me when I am sitting at a desk with Outlook running on the computer.
    05-15-2012 12:59 PM
    I've posted this in the 800 and 710 sections but it holds true for the 900 too.

The single biggest non user drain on your battery life is the feedback setting! if its enabled your phone battery will drain much much faster than normal. when i got my 800 it would loose 40% of the battery overnight while sleeping and i could not work it out until i remembered my iPhone did the same thing until i turned off feedback (diagnosis info on iPhone)
    once i turned off feedback the battery life improved dramatically and now i have no issues with it lasting a full day (it would last more but i always charge it overnight)

the feedback is enabled by default

hope this helps, and if so, spread the word :-)
    05-16-2012 04:59 PM
    I think that was a reasonable battery life. You are making this a big issue than it is.
    I have had worse experience with my iphone4s than you are having. I consider this as an improvement over my 4s.
    You think that going from 100% to 53% in 3 hours with barely any use is acceptable? After that it was ok but I also was aware of the fact that the battery was low so I used it less. In the span of that first 3 hours with my iPhone 4 and the same usage it would have maybe gone down 10% tops.
    05-17-2012 09:14 AM
    @sting2K7. Sorry, can't quote. Stupid Board Express. Anyway, I finally got around to reading my L900 User Manual this past weekend and one thing they note is when using the camera, you should close it after use as it has a tendency to use lots of juice. So if the camera was behind the Lock Screen, that might explain your excessive drain. Just a guess.

A very poor LTE signal might also be to blame. But so far I have found LTE to be a very low drain when the phone is asleep. When actually using LTE, totally different story.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    05-17-2012 10:20 AM
    My experience with the 800 at least was that initially the battery life sucked. The issue was not my usage rather the usage when it was supposedly in standby. The drain was in the 230-260 range you are seeing and it was definately fixed with the 3rd update on the 800. Of course you would hope the 900 did not have the same issue but hey ho.

After the 3rd update and I never concern myself with how its used I just use it all day and charge it when I go to bed... simples.

It is a dream to use now and I can certainly understand anyone who sacked it during this period.
    05-17-2012 12:08 PM
    You think that going from 100% to 53% in 3 hours with barely any use is acceptable? After that it was ok but I also was aware of the fact that the battery was low so I used it less. In the span of that first 3 hours with my iPhone 4 and the same usage it would have maybe gone down 10% tops.
    I could be wrong but didnt Apple recently fix the major drain issues with people reporting some pretty good life expectancy on the 4S models now.

It is interesting that with the modern practice of patching faults out of products that people still focus on early issues even when solutions/fixes have been around for years.
    05-17-2012 12:12 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD