Do people lie about this phone's battery?

TheNamelessMan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it.

I take the phone off the charger at 6:30 am. 30 minutes of phone calls and 30 minutes of spotify streaming and Im at 53% battery by 11am. No other apps in the background, no live updates except weather which updates every 30 minutes.

Is it possible I have a dud? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to see where the battery leak is coming from? I keep my brightness on medium.

fuunkychicken

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
On your dialer type in ##634# and in the Nokia Diagnostic tool there is a battery test function.

How many mAh is your phone pulling? It should be between 100 and low 200 if it isn't syncing anything.

I determined that my Batt life is cut in half at work and is phenomenal (17+ hrs) at home. Could be low signal? Could be microcell? An app that is stuck on a sync. Have you updated any apps recently and noticed an increase in batt drain?

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life took a huge hit when I started playing Age of Sorcery lol :)

That game seems to do a number on it! Still much better than my Focus though.

TheNamelessMan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
On your dialer type in ##634# and in the Nokia Diagnostic tool there is a battery test function.

How many mAh is your phone pulling? It should be between 100 and low 200 if it isn't syncing anything.

I determined that my Batt life is cut in half at work and is phenomenal (17+ hrs) at home. Could be low signal? Could be microcell? An app that is stuck on a sync. Have you updated any apps recently and noticed an increase in batt drain?

Did this test, it's fluctuating between 230-260, with a voltage of 3.895-ish

aarondr

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I was expecting battery to be a bit better personally. My iPhone 4 was a champ - I'd say it would run 2 to 3 times longer than my Lumia 900 does on a charge.

I've had a couple lockups/overheating but they happen infrequently. Seems like I can stream audio or just play music (Zune local) and just about do the same on battery. WTF is up with that?

Incidentally - I ran my wife's LG Nitro HD (Android) w/ Cyanogenmod 9 (getting ready for ebay selling) and man I have nothing to complain about. Less than 8 hours of battery on moderate use. At least the Lumia seems to be able to handle 12+ hours of moderate use.

Idelgado782

May 2, 2012
Visit site
My battery will last me all day without a charge. I get up at 650a, check emails, browse my people hub. 815 con call for 20 min. Texting friends and family ALL day. Checking emails. Checking Forums, Posting Tweets, Reading Tweets. Downloading Apps, The works!!!! I did this till 1130p on Wednesday and my phone finally crashed. That was about 17 hours. So no I don't think people lie about the phone's battery. I just came from android Nexus S. Running custom ROM's and I had to put my phone to charge at around 2p while I was at work. I LOVE the battery life on my Lumia.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say people lie (or hope not) but I do believe that its a hit or miss with both the 900 and 800.

I've had the same issue with my 800, battery was awful, to the point where I went back to an iPhone.

its too bad that it appears half the phones are defective or something in terms of battery.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery is a champ. I've written about a typical afternoon for me and it indeed involves at least 2-3 hours of streaming on LTE and surfing the web while on lunch for at least an hour straight meaning screen on the entire time. Could be the apps you have installed, defective device, service area, or something completely different. All I can say is that I'm not having this issue under extreme conditions even.

Neofire

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont think people lie about this battery at all. With very high usage starting at 9 Im left with about 20% battery around 3pm. I have many updating tiles (TOO many), I stream last.fm about 2 hrs a day. I text all day long and hardly let the screen turn due to my frequent usage. But man its possible you may have a weaker battery. I am also on wifi and do have great signal while at work.

slick5150

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
so where I work is like a tin can with approx 1 bar of service...does this effect battery at all? approx 1-2 bars of service.

Very much so. The phone is using a lot more power to try to grab/send the signal. If you have WiFi at work you can connect to it will at least offload some of that stress by using that connection for data.

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say people lie (or hope not) but I do believe that its a hit or miss with both the 900 and 800.

I've had the same issue with my 800, battery was awful, to the point where I went back to an iPhone.

its too bad that it appears half the phones are defective or something in terms of battery.

I doubt it's a hardware defect, but I can easily see it being a software config issue... what apps are installed, what functions are running in the background... along with what cell radios are trying to connect what percentage of the time.

It would really help this phone's acceptance if Nokia or Microsoft provided some easily accessible diagnostic tools that can profile power consumption by various major subsystems in the phone, along with config options to turn things on and off (e.g. LTE radio). I've seen these sorts of things on friends Androids... we need the WinPhone equivalent.

apoelin

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I determined that my Batt life is cut in half at work and is phenomenal (17+ hrs) at home.
I have the exact same problem, and I am 99% sure that the answer is low signal. I had a similar issue with my previous, non-LTE device. Due to the weak and sometimes not available signal, the phone would keep searching for the cell tower. Because of no LTE, the effect on battery life was noticeable, but not a big problem. With the Lumia 900 the problem is 10x worse, due to I think LTE. At home, I get twice the batery life, by using the phone more. I don't know if anyone suggested it, but turning off your data should make a big difference.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the people that claim that they are getting terrible battery life are not telling the truth.

Was this really a necessary comment? Did you even read about any of the possible scenarios contributing to the individual users? It was a VERY valid discussion until you decided to 'contribute' this comment.

sting7k

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't get it.

I take the phone off the charger at 6:30 am. 30 minutes of phone calls and 30 minutes of spotify streaming and Im at 53% battery by 11am. No other apps in the background, no live updates except weather which updates every 30 minutes.

Is it possible I have a dud? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to see where the battery leak is coming from? I keep my brightness on medium.

The battery isn't that great. It has really bad 3G battery life I've found. At work I drop down to EDGE because of an already weak 3G signal here makes the battery drain like mad when it loses that 1 bar. Even on EDGE I often it find it bouncing around between EDGE and GPRS.

I kind of think something might not be right with the radios. The signal fluctuates wildly often just sitting not doing anything on the phone. Disappointed in the radio/antenna performance that Nokia talked up. My iPhone 4 can hold onto that 1 bar of 3G at work pretty well; never drop to EDGE. But the Lumia just can't at all.

So I also think weak signal is really hurting the battery life which for some reason didn't seem to effect my iPhone.

Today for instance; took it off the charger at 8am. I did a bit of texting awhile ago. Zero calls. A few twitter checks here and there all on wifi and no major usage. I'm sitting at 43% battery remaining. If I start using the phone that 43% will plunge so I already feel anxious about getting to a charger.

I will probably start charging more at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte