Strange Lumia 900 symbol

EDK_

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any idea about meaning of this strange symbol on Lumia 900? It appeared after updating Lumia 900 to the new firmware released a few days ago.

Many thanks!

2kea92.jpg

EDK_

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? I've had location serviced enabled before and never saw this. Further more, it's there even with location services disabled.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Have you looked up the symbol on/in your quick start guide? I will pull up the user guide on line and look.

npyle

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Based on a video I was watching yesterday on changes with the latest upgrade, that is the new symbol location services/gps symbol...changed from what it was before with the latest update apparently.

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
It is location services, but I believe it is only on when location information is being used. The information is usually only used while you are in an app, so it's not at all odd that you don't recognise it. But if you tap to show the status bar while you're in an app using location services, it should be there.

Windows Phone | Phone Icons | Status Bar | Windows Phone 7
Location Awareness | Maps | Location Services | Location Services | Mobile GPS | Windows Phone 7

Edit:

Based on a video I was watching yesterday on changes with the latest upgrade, that is the new symbol location services/gps symbol...changed from what it was before with the latest update apparently.
It's not new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2