Just got a lumia 900, my 1st windows phone

jollygrunt#WP

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I've had previous iterations of windows mobile phones: 5, 6 and 6.5 OS phones.

Since my last windows mobile phone, I've been using low end android phones.

The build quality of this Nokia phone is just awesome. Miles better than what I am accustomed to.

I updated to the 7.8 OS which is the latest one available to the 900.

This was so unbelievably easy as compared to trying to update Android phones, which didn't happen much at all, especially for the lower end models.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more and helping when I can.

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
520 maybe. Depending on carrier, though amazon had brand new 900 for 140$ shipped which is awesome. 900 superb build quality though won't get all the hottest apps. 520$ great for price def no premium feel though on wp8. Really depends, especially since like I said amazon is the shipper/seller of 900 for 140 shipped.

Last edited:

jollygrunt#WP

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I purchased it used.. Admittedly, I didn't do as much research on the OS situation as I did on the specs.

I think that It's no different than being stuck on an android android 2.2 device with no hope of an upgrade to 4.0.

I unlocked it and use it on my Walmart Family mobile account which is mostly 2G in my area, with spots of refarmed 4G.

Anyway, It's working great and I've got no complaints.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
WP7 is a great os. As long as your expectations are not to get lots of new apps, it works just fine. The 520 is a nice phone too, and has WP8 if you get the upgrade itch.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely stunned by some of these comments, and abit disappointed by them, "biggest mistake of your life" really?? Really really?? Get a grip, look Jollygrunt, the 900 is a great phone, yes its a generation old but by far a huge step up from any android phone running versions that old, as you noticed its not your daddys winmobile phone, and WP7.8 still has alot to offer. It will hold you over well as you learn the OS and put you in good position for the new WP hardware coming late this year and early next year, I hope you enjoy your phone and welcome to the windows phone community

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm absolutely stunned by some of these comments, and abit disappointed by them, "biggest mistake of your life" really?? Really really?? Get a grip, look Jollygrunt, the 900 is a great phone, yes its a generation old but by far a huge step up from any android phone running versions that old, as you noticed its not your daddys winmobile phone, and WP7.8 still has alot to offer. It will hold you over well as you learn the OS and put you in good position for the new WP hardware coming late this year and early next year, I hope you enjoy your phone and welcome to the windows phone community

Amen and Amen.

WP7 is great, and I am extremely happy you are a part of our community, Jolly Grunt (not to mention that is just a kicking screen name)!! The 900 is the prime real estate of the WP7 world and will laste as long as you need it. Don't worry about WP8. It is here for a long, long time. The 900 will do you proud!! Enjoy it, keep posting, and hope you are enjoying WP7 as much as we have!! :cool:

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Got a Lumia 900 for the wife and it works really well. I just wish there was a way to bump down the touch screen sensitivity.... She's had the phone just about 3 months and put nearly 5,000 minutes on it.....

cooltaj

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I purchased it used.. Admittedly, I didn't do as much research on the OS situation as I did on the specs.

I think that It's no different than being stuck on an android android 2.2 device with no hope of an upgrade to 4.0.

I unlocked it and use it on my Walmart Family mobile account which is mostly 2G in my area, with spots of refarmed 4G.

Anyway, It's working great and I've got no complaints.

Do you get a lot of dropped calls? I have a friend with unlocked 920 on family mobile and she thinks its the phone but i think it's the network

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes