What a Letdown- Massive Weight, Thickness

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The camera adds weight, the wireless charging tech, the slight battery size increase, the body size increase as well, but I think the biggest reason for the weight increase is the curvature of the glass. Glass is heavy for it's size. Even if it is gorilla glass, it will still add significant grams to the weight of the device.

Well it really means that the Lumia 920 is no good for single hand use.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

On the contrary, the weight distribution of the 920 is far better than many of the phones I've held in my hand. In fact, it was good enough that it actually (and mistakenly to my mind) felt lighter than my Titan which is considerably lighter. The Titan is bottom heavy, so it felt like it was pulling down.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Just curious, did you find the 900 any good for single hand use - I had a try and for me it was OK but I will admit it is a monster sized phone. But it passed the jeans pocket test and that is always my number 1 test

eharris560

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This thing is going to weigh 0.41 pounds (versus 0.353 lbs for Lumia 900), versus 0.30 for the Samsung ATIV. Plus, it will be 0.42" thick (versus 0.45 for Lumia 900), versus 0.34" for the ATIV. This is just plain massive. I know- Samsung is flimsy and plastic, but this is just a hulk. This is very disappointing. I like the Lumia 900, but it is still too heavy and too thick. Anyone else feel the same way?
I say someone slap that Hulk so it can get anger and stonger.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, did you find the 900 any good for single hand use - I had a try and for me it was OK but I will admit it is a monster sized phone. But it passed the jeans pocket test and that is always my number 1 test
I just typed this post single handed with my left hand, and I'm right handed. My Lumia 900 also happens to be in an Otterbox case.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

I just want the damn thing to be released so we can talk about real world experiences instead of endlessly guessing...

For those who worry about size, the SG3 felt too big for me when I first got it, but after about 3 days or so, id got used to it and then every other phone felt too small.

As for the weight, yes it is heavy (for a phone) BUT if it does everything I want it to do and does it well, and fits in my jeans pocket OK, then Im not going to care..

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I usually type with two hands (well thumbs) on my L900, but for 90% of the other activities, my left hand does all the tapping, leaving my right hand for eating (unfortunately) and drinking (fortunately). Not uncomfortable at all. 5' 11" and average man hands.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
No need for expensive gym memberships.

If you're having trouble with the weight of the 920, you should be able to find items to lift at home to get you ready.

• Use a fishing lure for curls. Slow and steady. Feel the burn.
  • Then try getting a toddler's sized cup of water and bring it up to your mouth, then back down again. Repeat at least 10 times. You can do it.
  • Next is the Cat in the Hat deadlift. Perhaps the must challenging, because you'll have to use your legs and back as well. Place the Cat in the Hat children's book on the ground and then pick it up. If it's too tough, you can start by placing it on the bad instead of the ground.
Once you've conquered these household items, the 920 should be a piece of cake. Now get working!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just bring it!
dwayne-johnson-golds-gym.jpg

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, good lord people. Anything less than half pound is not heavy. I see some complaining that it's a whole 5 grams heavier than the SG3. Now without using Google, can you tell me exactly how many grams are in a pound??? No cheating!!! Okay, now you can go look it up. Once you do, come back and tell everyone how dumb you are.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, good lord people. Anything less than half pound is not heavy. I see some complaining that it's a whole 5 grams heavier than the SG3. Now without using Google, can you tell me exactly how many grams are in a pound??? No cheating!!! Okay, now you can go look it up. Once you do, come back and tell everyone how dumb you are.

Wow I guessed 185. :lol: Alhough I was way off I don't think that makes me dumb.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it is kind of funny people complaining about the weight. When I got my Samsung Focus I read reviews of it and other phones. Some of the reviews said it was to light and made it feel cheap. Another phone that was heavier they said that it's heavier weight made it fell more solid. Now I do not have links to these reviews. My point is some people want light some want a little heavier, non plastic feeling phone. I like my Samsung and would get the ATIV in a heartbeat, if Nokia did not have so many exclusives. However, I will wait and see if I can live with only 32GB for the 920.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I think it is kind of funny people complaining about the weight.

That's what makes waiting for the release date fun. :lol:

I understand that everyone has different uses and different features that are important to them. What I don't understand is the people who obviously have no intentions of buying the phone. Yet they feel the need to go into every thread and tell you why it's no good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon