Photo size stuck at 1280 x 720

bergeronjc#WN

May 4, 2009
Visit site
Every photo I take with my Lumia 920 is stuck at 1280 x 720. Nokia's website says it should be 3552 x 2448.

1280 x 720 pictures size is equal to 1 MP camera.

I can find no option to change it...I do have to say the picture, even though smaller than it should be, is amazing. I can't wait to see what the full 8.7 MP looks like.

Does anyone know how to change the size?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Settings, backup, photos.

Change it to Best quality.

Thats interesting, I noticed I couldnt change the resolution on the display 920 I tried today, seems a stupid thing to do to hide a setting that you would expect to be in the camera. Most people wont find it easlly and think the camera cant take higher res pictures.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats interesting, I noticed I couldnt change the resolution on the display 920 I tried today, seems a stupid thing to do to hide a setting that you would expect to be in the camera. Most people wont find it easlly and think the camera cant take higher res pictures.

To clarify, the 920 only takes pics at the full 8MP resolution. The setting is for how SkyDrive backs up the pics.

The OP was most likely looking at the pics from SkyDrive on his PC, because it's super convenient. The default setting for Skydrive photo backup is 720p.
Good quality (720p) backup works over cellular data and wifi.

For full resolution backup, wifi is necessary.

bens770

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't have this setting on my lumia 920...
I have the same issue, even transfering pictures with usb cable,
I get picture that are around 2mb, so definitly not what it should!

PMdG

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
These settings are missing on my phone as well, and while other commenters have suggested the phone still stores the images at full size, it doesn't - emailing the photo results in an only slightly larger version of the photo being transferred, and connecting the phone as a camera and browsing its filesystem reveals an equally small photo.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
The setting is regional, meaning some countries such as Aus dont have it.

Dumb... but such is life
you can change your region to US on your phone to get the setting if you want, but if you change it back... itll stay for a day or 2 and then disappear

hoanglongroyal

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, and know how to fix.
but if we turn on the "best quality" sync, then it will upload automatically to skydrive -> I dont want to do it.
anyone have another way ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon