Nokia Drive Beta question...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
In my brief search of the site I haven't come across this question...

Every time I put in a map destination Nokia Drive recommends that I download the map for Michigan (I assume to avoid incurring data charges). I did this. Map appears to be working fine, yet Nokia Drive still recommends that I download the map...

Anyone else getting this? I'm sure it is a 'bug' in the beta...but I really hope that it won't always remind me to download a map I already have. It isn't intrusive nor does it seem to affect the ability of Nokia Drive, though it is annoying to see a brief red banner at the top of the screen when I start a drive...

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I get the same thing (but in Texas, obviously :p ). I just dismiss it as a "nag screen" to keep you from unknowingly setting out on your journey without a pre-downloaded map in order to prevent unexpected data usage. I'm sure they'll add some "intelligence" later to check to see if you have all of the required maps already. To be clear, I've been using only the map of Texas in my initial testing. I'm not doing the whole USA download and maybe the behavior is different.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It seems to just be a reminder. Turn off data and use navigation. So long as you did download the map it will still work. Would be nice if the app was "smart" and knew which maps you had downloaded so as not to remind you each time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes