Not able to receive "network+" update after reset

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I remember that I received an update of "network+" hours after I activated my new phone. I recently did a reset on the phone and failed to figure out how to recover from the backup settings. So I just reinstalled all my apps manually. But now I cannot receive the "network+" update anymore, although I can still see it in my previous purchase list at windowsphone.com. Anyone has the same issue?

BTW, the first time Welcome screen seems to be the only chance to recover from backup? I missed it and could not find any other ways to recover.

Update: I found the update pushed to my phone last night. It is about 48 hours since my reset.

Last edited:

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing happening. I haven't received the Network+ update since resetting. On the same note, how does it inform you that you have any updates to any app? I've come across some in the store that had updates but I wasn't notified.
Also, I've reset my phone twice and the I don't recommend restoring from the backup. The first time I restored from backup and several downloads failed. The second time, I just did everything manually.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The App tile will show a number in it to indicate that one or more apps have updates.

That's what I mean by I wasn't notified. The app tile didn't have a number, and when in the store it didn't say I had updates. I just happened to look at an app I had already installed and it had an update available. I'm wondering if I have something turned off that is keeping my phone from looking for updates including the update for network+.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably got a random splay timer built in before it will check in to see what updates are available. This is pretty common to avoid hammering servers constantly. When I did my factory restore, it took a while for the the phone to say there were updates.

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably got a random splay timer built in before it will check in to see what updates are available. This is pretty common to avoid hammering servers constantly. When I did my factory restore, it took a while for the the phone to say there were updates.

How long is the "a while"? It's been 2 days since my reset and I still don't get the update notification.

My concern is that the update server probably noted the status of my phone when I updated before reset and it won't provide the update any more even after I reset. If that so, this could be a bug in the update system.

Laceym

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out from a tip in a different thread. Browse to windowsphone.com on your phone. Log in with your live ID and browse your purchase history. Scroll until you find Network+ and tap the tile. It will take you to the app store where you can download the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2