Isn't lumia 920.. too big?

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
i really wanted a lumia 920 since the first day nokia presented it, and today one friend of mine finally got it.
Yeah, it's amazing, great camera, great display, great audio, i loved all of it! Except.. the dimension! It's wayyy toooooo biiiiig, if i put it in my pocket i can't sit well (my pockets are not that big) and i always have the impression of having a little tablet on my hand, not a phone :(

Lumia 800 has the perfect sized phone, and i really hope to see that pure view camera in a lumia 800's sized phone, i can renounce to super sensitive touch, wireless charging, 60hz display, but not the camera :(

I'm the only one thinking that?

MacDaMachine

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It is too big for one handed use IMO, but my hand used to cramp up using the 3GS (terrible ergonomics compared to the ip4). I have small little hands tho. I just two hand my 920. It isn't heavy at all, weight is definitely distributed very well.

Yev91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I would love an 800 sized phone with this camera. My friend has the N9 which is similar and boy its compact.

Back to the L920... I guess its built for people with larger hands annd pockets. For instance I can use it well with one hand, I do use my nose to go Back though. :p

Tr1cky49

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
@Davidkoh - it's way bigger than an iPhone 4! Not that this is a problem - i just typed this one-handed with no trouble and i don't have big hands.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i really wanted a lumia 920 since the first day nokia presented it, and today one friend of mine finally got it.
Yeah, it's amazing, great camera, great display, great audio, i loved all of it! Except.. the dimension! It's wayyy toooooo biiiiig, if i put it in my pocket i can't sit well (my pockets are not that big) and i always have the impression of having a little tablet on my hand, not a phone :(

Lumia 800 has the perfect sized phone, and i really hope to see that pure view camera in a lumia 800's sized phone, i can renounce to super sensitive touch, wireless charging, 60hz display, but not the camera :(

you are asking a forum of 920 owners if we agree the phone is too big?

yes. We all think its too big.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It is just a teeny bit oversized for me, primarily because its a little slippery. I need to shift it a little to get my thumb out to the upper corner, which is fine is my hands are warm or its a little humid. If its cold and dry,though, watch out. I'm waiting for a Zagg back cover to help with that.
One thing that surprises me is that for as large as this phone is I'll be damned if the portrait keyboard doesn't feel almost as small as the iPhone's; so weird.
Overall I love the size- my iPhone 4 feels like a toy now.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I can see that, for some, the 920 may be too large. I also think that the trend toward larger and larger smartphones is not necessarily a good thing. There are good smartphones in smaller sizes: the Galaxy SIII Mini, iPhone 5, and Droid RAZR M all come to mind. Compared with the Galaxy SIII Mini and Droid RAZR M, the Lumia 810/820/822 is certainly a competitor. In fact, the only reason why I purchased the 920 for my wife and I instead of the 820 was the camera - not because we don't have a good camera (we do), but because we needed something as close to a basic point-and-shoot replacement for quick photos of our 19 month old son (we don't normally carry around our megazoom!). We both love the 920, but there are times where I think we both wouldn't mind if it was a bit smaller.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people think it's too big, some people don't. I did, so I tried an 8X which felt too light and... I dunno... flimsy for me. I settled on the 820, which is just like a 920 only not so big. :)

The 920 is HOT though. I wish the 820 had the same form-factor, that it was just a smaller 920. That would be rad. :)

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel that it's just about right. I probably wouldn't ever go beyond a 4.5" screen (depends on the size of the bezel). I don't know how people can stand using some of these huge Android devices that are pushing 5" or more!

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a small woman who carries a very small purse (basically a wallet on a string) and have always preferred a small phone. My fav of all times was my little Veer. I was pretty much set on the 800 when I went to look at them. But after looking, holding and playing I decided on the 920. I really thought the weight and sheer size would bother me. Plus I thought I wanted the SD card slot. I also wanted the wireless charging and thought I would just buy the case for the 800.

I've had my 920 for just over two weeks. After considering that the wireless charging case would just add to the weight and after actually holding the 920, and finding that it does indeed fit in my little purse I'm very happy with my choice. However I can see how for a guy who only uses pockets it might be a bit large. That's why choice is so great, one size does not fit all!

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

i wear pants that have decent size pockets in them so when i put my lumia 920 in them it fits very well. if i had a tablet i could not put a tablet in my pants pocket so it doesnt remind me of a tablet. i use to get a lil worried with my iphone 4 that if i put it in my pocket and i sat wrong i might crack the screen. with my 920 it is built so sturdy that i dont have to worry about that.

AlexanderPD

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
get the 820.
i'd like to take a 820 but.. low resolution+no gorilla glass+no pureview camera = fail, i'm really looking for a smaller device with 920's camera :D i think i'll wait!

Simple Solution: Dont get it and get an 8X.
but nokia exclusive apps are really cool.. and i love the pureview :(

you are asking a forum of 920 owners if we agree the phone is too big?

yes. We all think its too big.
you're pretty smart eh? :) i'm asking to people who already have that phone so they could tell me a valuable opinion :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes