Isn't lumia 920.. too big?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I came from a 3,5" phone (N8) to using an Omnia 7 (4") a few months before I got the Lumia 920 (4,5") and tbh I don't really even feel the phone grew up in size. Only when I pick up my N8 now I'm like holy **** this is small :D

Not too big for one handed use for me either, fairly regular hands, 23 year old male. The weight is perfect for a device of this size, I personally don't want those 130g devices that are like 4,8" screen, feel like toys to me.

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel like the 8X is the best designed phone so far. It would be amazing if Nokia and HTC would fuse...

On Topic: I also think 920 looks too massive for me, thus I got the 8X, that despite that it is large it feel "small" & soft & slim. It's got an amazing/outstanding design. My friends reactions were all the same when they first saw "Omg so beautiful yet so thin"

sundawg#WP

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Focus, I was really concerned about the size, but really liked everything else about the 920. My wife has had a 900 since they came out and I always preferred my Focus to hers. Although, I never really considered the fact that she uses a case which makes it more bulkier than it really is. I figured I try the 920 for the 14 days and if I couldn't get over the size, I'd return it. After a few days I never really thought about the size as a negative. In fact, using my old Focus seemed oddly small.

I suggest others do something similar if they aren't sure of the size...just use it for a few days and be sure you have the option to return it. Friends and co-workers see my phone and comment on how huge it is, but when they pick it up, they immediately make positive comments about other aspects of the device.

While it was easier to use my Focus as a one-handed phone, I often used it two-handed anyway. For basic operation the 920 works with one hand for me and I have average mitts - but the 920 is more suited for two-hand operation.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
After hearing all these stories about the Lumia 920 being so big and heavy,I was surprised how light it felt when today, I finally was able to try it out. In fact, it felt so good in my hand that I wanted to take it home (I remember having the same feeling after trying out the Lumia 800). I have tried the Lumia 900 as well, it didn't feel as comfortable as the 920. Now my Lumia 800 feels a tad to small. One-handed use worked for typing a short test-message, but I have large, long-fingered hands for a woman. Also, I never ever put my phones in my trouser pockets fearing I might sit on them or them slipping out of the pockets. Furthermore, most my trousers don't have pockets, the only pocket where I would put my phone is is the jacket pocket, but normally, my phone is in my handbag.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
My opinion is that the Lumia 920 (and actually the 8X as well) are too big relative to the size of the display. The current crop of Windows Phones make rather inefficient use of their dimensions. My Titan I is roughly the same size as both of these devices or smaller and has a 4.7" display! The 8X and Lumia are ridiculously bulky relative to other high end offerings on the market as well as the last gen of WPs.

Hopefully, the Ativ S or the high end HTC offering comes out soon.

breadbun

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the HTC One X I find the Lumia 920 pretty much the same in terms of size and usability. It definitely carries more weight than the One X, but I find in day to day use its similar, in fact the Lumia is a little easier to use one-handed for me. It took a while for me to get used to the One X as I came from a 3in screen phone, but now I'm rocking the bigger screen phones and wouldn't have it any other way.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the size and shape of a phone is a very subjective topic what may be just right for my use could be too large for yours. That said I do not find the 920 large at all but just right. I do find the Note series too large
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone 5 came out and didn't add any width to the phone is when I decided to jump ship. I thought about the Galaxy S3 for a bit but the smugness of android users just kind of drive me nuts for some reason. Then along came the 920 with WP8 :).

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone 5 came out and didn't add any width to the phone is when I decided to jump ship. I thought about the Galaxy S3 for a bit but the smugness of android users just kind of drive me nuts for some reason. Then along came the 920 with WP8 :).

Nothing against you. I just find it amazing how fanboys of one product can call fans of another names when all are guilty of it. Not saying you specifically are a ******. It just all seems silly. .

asac12

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Too big? Definitely not, but it's the least pocket friendly phone I've owned since the Sony Ericsson W600. The phone is pretty noticeable in my jean pockets. I had the Titan before and never really appreciated the curved back design until I picked up the 920. Please don't fire back saying the 920 is slimmer than the 900 or a deli slice of turkey thicker than X. I love the phone and hope we can expect a slimmer designed Lumia next year.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
The size will be dependent solely upon preference. For me it could have been a little larger, its a curse living with large paws for hands, and even the 920 is not that large. My wife on the other hand prefers a much smaller device. I am hoping that Nokia will make a higher end phone next year that is smaller, maybe with a 4 inch screen for those that like smaller devices.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The lumia 920 is not big. Most people usually slap an otter box on their iPhones. Then the 2 are basically the same size. If you find that it's hard to slip the lumia 920 in your pocket do not get it. You can get another windows 8 phone. Complaining about the size of the phone will not make it shink.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
8X and the L920 has the same dimensions. Doesn't make sense to go to 8X just for that. And the only reason why 8X might be better is: there's none actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar