Are your buttons loose?

akiman911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering... How many of you experience a loose power button?

In comparison to the volume/camera button, the power button seems to be looser on the lumia 920. (I'm on my 3rd device, only one had 3 firm buttons)

dkshao

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
im on #2 and so far I haven't noticed any loose buttons, will be on #3 next week tho, will keep this in mind when I pick it up

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually did notice that the power button is not as tight when pressing as the other buttons. Other buttons also seem to stick out a little further with some more tension. None of them are loose though and it doesn't feel wrong either. It's just different than the others. This is the same on our black and white 920.

unkleknuklefunk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Now that I notice it my camera buttons loose and thanks again to u nit picking forum users I've also realized the top of my 920 to the right of the headphone jack makes a creeking sound when u push on it there's a soft spot in the otherwise excellent build quality of my 920 😒, weird. The camera button is also sharper then the rest it kinda annoying cause it always catches the palm of my hand when I reach for the volume rocker.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
We have two phones in the uscdigital household. Mine has the loosey goosey power button but roommates is nice tight and clicky.

His also has the cool bright backlights and mine has the vomit yellow versions. There are definitely different builds out there...

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually I found my buttons to be pleasantly tight. It was one of the things that made me feel like the build quality of the 920 was leaps beyond the 900 no loose part solid feeling phone beautiful screen. It makes the Lumia 900 look like a cheap toy by comparison

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Y'all are all freaking crazy. Just kidding, y'all aren't crazy, just a little OCD
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually I found my buttons to be pleasantly tight. It was one of the things that made me feel like the build quality of the 920 was leaps beyond the 900 no loose part solid feeling phone beautiful screen. It makes the Lumia 900 look like a cheap toy by comparison

Really? I felt like my 900 was built very well. The only point I'd make on my 920, aside from the obvious technical advances, is that the shape of it fits in the hand more comfortably and the curved glass on the screen looks nicer. Aside from that I'd say the build quality is equal. It certainly does not make my retired 900 look like a "cheap toy" by any stretch of the imagination.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Really? I felt like my 900 was built very well. The only point I'd make on my 920, aside from the obvious technical advances, is that the shape of it fits in the hand more comfortably and the curved glass on the screen looks nicer. Aside from that I'd say the build quality is equal. It certainly does not make my retired 900 look like a "cheap toy" by any stretch of the imagination.

Well I am not saying the Lumia 900 was poorly built (Minus that stupid camera chrome) but compared to the 920 it feels like it now. The side buttons in their short time all got slightly scuffed and they were a bit loose. The screen was just there and that white luminous buttons were ok but the lighting was uneven and it was a weird white when they are off.

Now lets look at the 920

I mean the buttons on the Lumia 920 are tight and not scratch prone, same for the camera plate. The charging port likes there is ceramic around the edge of that (unlike the 900's simply open plastic hole), the screen curves nicely into the case; and the buttons have a nice mirror finish when the backlight is off and the backlight looks so much more uniform now.

Then you take hold of your Lumia 900 again and it feels like there was no attention to detail vs the 920

Well thats how I feel anyways. I just took it out again to be sure and the buttons rattled a little even just taking it out of the box :D

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Though I am typically ocd, I don't care about my loose button or other issues. I know the second Microsoft releases a first party handset in 2013 (fingers crossed), I'm done with this handset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon