Email read messages being synced as unread when deleted

bradhicks

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Confusing title I know, but I'll try and explain what I'm noticing.
When clearing my emails (both Exchange and Hotmail), I've noticed that if I read an email and then delete it, when it sync's back to either service it gets put in Deleted Items as an UNREAD message.
I've tried this both ways, either deleting while in the message viewing it, or reading the message then going back to the inbox (message shows as READ on the phone), then deleting it from there. Doing it either way the message still goes into Deleted Items in Exchange and Hotmail as UNREAD.

I did a test and read a message, then went back to inbox and did a sync. After doing the Sync I then deleted the email, and this time it went into my Deleted Items as a READ message as it should.

Obviously not a huge issue, but kinda annoying. Not sure if it's a bug or not? Has anyone else experienced this, or have any suggestions on what I can try to fix it?
(I'm currently using both emails linked into one main Inbox. Might try going back to individual mailboxes again on the phone to see if that makes any difference).

Thanks.

Hawks68

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced exactly the same thing. My company's IT can't resolve the issue for our exchange server. Any news on this being resolved by Microsoft?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes