Gaming with Phone on Charger

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Quick question that isn't necessarily Windows Phone or Lumia specific, but will be in my case as that's my phone. I got the phone because it blows me away, and I'm waiting for its arrival as we speak. That said, I am also a gamer and love my Xbox achievements (100,000+ club). So I'm curious, if I'm interested in just sitting down and using the phone to game for a few hours, is it healthy for the battery if I just leave it plugged in while I play?

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you'll be fine. In fact, some games will drain so much power, you'll have no choice but to keep the phone plugged in. (Puzzle Quest 2, for instance)

akiman911

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
youll be fine except i would not advise it as phone gets very hot when charging and when playing games. So you can imagine how hot it gets when doing both of these at the same time =)

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Well, let's hope the combination doesn't get things so hot that the battery is damaged. At the least hopefully my hands start burning before the phone's insides do...

SevenDead1ySinz

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I concur that some games just eat the crap out of the battery. I played 10 minutes of Draw Something on my Lumia 920 last night while charging via USB from my laptop last night and lost a % of battery charge in that time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon