Branding - can I change it?

Blackburn2k8

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i bought today a new lumia 920 in White. It has no sim-lock, but...
when I turn it on, I see a branding from Poland (Plus GSM), and it's annoying :)

My question is, after i red some Posts about "factory reset" and "original Firmware/ROM" and so on,
can I change the branding to "A1" (my network in Austria) or change it to "non branded" ?

thank you for your answers and help

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

i bought today a new lumia 920 in White. It has no sim-lock, but...
when I turn it on, I see a branding from Poland (Plus GSM), and it's annoying :)

My question is, after i red some Posts about "factory reset" and "original Firmware/ROM" and so on,
can I change the branding to "A1" (my network in Austria) or change it to "non branded" ?

thank you for your answers and help

you will restart your phone maybe once a month, MAX, and will see the logo for 3 seconds at a time. Figure a 3 year life cycle for the phone...are you really prepared to go through this process to prevent you from seeing the logo for 2 minutes TOTAL in your life?

Writing this post alone you are probably up to that 2 minutes, haha.

Blackburn2k8

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
maybe you are right :) but I wanted a "free" phone...
the thing is, that there are some settings preset cause of the branding. When I opened the Internet Explorer, first page opened was Plus *lol*
also the calendar has a bug, everything is in german, only the months and days are still in polish?!

is the procedure really that complicated? and is it possible to change the phone to a "brand-free" without Problems?

thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes