Anyone used a non Nokia wireless charging device ?

sk1d_mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
My Palm charging plate will charge my 920, but was a little worried that it might somehow damage the 920 if the current/voltages are the same.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Since the Nokia's use the Qi wireless standard I would assume anything built to that standard would be safe to use with the Lumia 920.

BobPro2

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the Palm wireless charging dock pre-dates the Q1 standard. I'm going to try using my touchpad charging dock and I'll post the results.

BobPro2

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Alas, the touchpad charging dock works too, but it won't align with the charging coil unless you lie it flat, bummer! I may have to fashion an adapter so I can charge it in an upright position. Now if we can just get Nokia or somebody to copy the Palm/HP "exhibition mode" so that the 920 will display a big clock or photo slideshow while parked on the wireless charging pad; that would be way cool.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Maxell QI charger that works just fine.

Another thread mentioned the new Google Nexus QI charger doesn't charge Nokia devices (and Nokia chargers don't charge Google Nexus devices).

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Alas, the touchpad charging dock works too, but it won't align with the charging coil unless you lie it flat, bummer! I may have to fashion an adapter so I can charge it in an upright position. Now if we can just get Nokia or somebody to copy the Palm/HP "exhibition mode" so that the 920 will display a big clock or photo slideshow while parked on the wireless charging pad; that would be way cool.

If you have the Nokia Charging cradle it can be set up to actually do that with the NFC chip.

BobPro2

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you have the Nokia Charging cradle it can be set up to actually do that with the NFC chip.

pjs; Do you have a link where I can get more info on that? I guess I would still a miniature easel or some way to keep it propped up so it can be seen.
Thanks...

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I use a Energizer 3 place qi charger pad. 2 phones fit on the device plus a USB available for charging. I use it every night with my 8x. And charges my sons 920 just fine. Look it up online. Very nice looking charger too.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
pjs; Do you have a link where I can get more info on that? I guess I would still a miniature easel or some way to keep it propped up so it can be seen.
Thanks...

Nokia has one already, called DT-910. It's a stand-up charging plate with NFC chip. Once you put the phone on it, 920 will show the clock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon