HELP: Buying used L920

IndieAdmirer

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! So I've been wanting the 920 to use on T-Mobile for a while (yeah, I know the 925 is coming, but it doesn't come in red so sadly, its a no deal for me). I found a person selling a 920 for a reasonable price on craigslist, only problem is it isnt unlocked and the person who I'd be buying it from actually bought it from another person so he doesn't know how to unlock it. The question I had is if you need the original owner of the 920's info (like phone number, account name/info, etc) to unlock the device off of AT&T? Or could I just buy it locked and try to get it unlocked even without the info of the original owner? Sorry if this is totally confusing or too much to read. Thanks guys! :smile:

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, either use a service or call, explain it to att and fgive them the imei. I did the second and had it unlocked no problem.

jesserrod

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Verify the imei with att to make sure there are no charges associated with the account that phone was on. Don't want to buy a blocked phone. Found that out the hard way a few yrs ago

IndieAdmirer

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well it turns out the guy was a fake (found out when I asked for a different angle of the phone and he absolutely refused to send a picture of the new angle). Guess he somehow had pictures of a red 920 that looked like he took them. Maybe I'll go on ebay and try my luck there. Thanks for the help though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon