Help! Lumia 920 display problem

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
So I've owned this 920 for about 6 months now. But lately I'm experiencing some screen display problems. The problem seems to be with pictures only because the text in any color looks normal. In pictures, I get blue, green and red lines which are really thin. These lines go in loops and are most prominent in the part of the picture where many colors merge. Actually they aren't really lines, when I looked closely, they look like sprinkled powder. I am not sure about the cause of the problem. Before the problem was there, my phone accidently got squeezed in between the microwave door and the kitchen counter when I opened the microwave door. I wiped the screen and it looked like no harm was done, I don't remember checking the display though. Same night my phone's battery died, I plugged the charger in and then when I turned the phone on, the display was messed up. I don't wanna give the phone to Nokia for repair unless that's the only option because I changed the back housing from black to cyan on my Lumia. I can change it back to black and give to Nokia but I don't really wanna do that. If anybody knows the solution or is having the same problem, then please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope its something I can fix myself.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like physical damage to me Dave. Must have been a pretty aggressive squeeze though I've seen vid of Lumia 920 get run over by cars and not "immediately" hurt the display. But I've also seen drops where some phones were hurt at 3 feet and others survived at 5. Good luck with whatever happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital