Lumia 920 - flipping between apps

Tiddler1969

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had my lumia on EE since May 2013. Initially all OK.

Since June 2013 it's become unusable with it 'flipping' between apps when using one. For example, I am typing a text and it will close, open Facebook, close Facebook and open email, close email and open call log list and then freeze. Same with any app really; In Facebook and then flips to email then flips to something else.

I have done a factory re-set and no difference.

Windows updates all up-to-date.

Turned off all apps to run in the background in settings.

I have browsed for this symptom on forums and can't seem to find any other instances of it.

Anybody any ideas?

I do love this phone tremendously, but this is really causing it to become unusable.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow that seems extremely frustrating. Any chance you could make a short video showing what it's like? If you've tried resets (hard and soft) the only thing I can recommend is sending it to Nokia and they'll most likely fix/replace it for you.

KasMD

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If I may elucidate further since I have been having the same problem on my "3rd" Lumia 920 for a few months now. Basically, the phone is acting like the "back" button is being held down repeatedly and the screen touched repeatedly when they are not. Also what appears to trigger this is a device inside that is vibrating randomly in the back about half-way up and towards the left sde (with screen facing you). As a physician, I can describe the phone as having seizures :crying::crying::crying:

Btw, my previous 2 Lumias were plaqued by the black screen of death and that is why I am on my 3rd and last Lumia. Will switch to Android (iPhone screen too small for my liking). Needless to say I don't think highly of the Lumia but I do love WP8.

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you're close to a Nokia Care try popping in and explaining the issue - if not contact Nokia via e-mail. This'll most likely need to be fixed but will probably come under the warranty!

Tiddler1969

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
On the advice of a Dev I work with, I have uninstalled Skype and is working OK now; no 'flipping' instances. Fingers crossed it lasts as I haven't tested it for long since uninstalling Skype.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon