Brand New Lumia 920 - Turned On First Time - No Setup?

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I received a brand new Lumia 920 from Nokia and when I took the phone out of the box and out of the plastic packaging I noticed when I turned it on that it went through the carrier screen and Windows 8 screen then straight to the home screen. No new phone setup? My last Lumia I had to go through a quick setup process.

Nokia confirmed the phone was brand new. Anyone else experience this?

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
That's odd cause I got a setup menu when I started my L920 for the first time

I was having the widespread "No Service" issue so maybe they put it through Quality control testing to ensure that issue was not there before sending the phone out to me. The phone is in immaculate condition.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was relevant since it shows what you are supposed to see at first boot. If you see something else, I would assume that the phone has already been setup.
If you feel my post is not relevant, please ignore it.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I did not mean to come across as not appreciating. In my initial post I had mentioned going through the setup on past Lumia's and was trying to communicate that I know what I should see.

Looks like another poster bought one at a store and experienced the same. I am not concerned, just found it odd.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes