NFC not working

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So,

I bought the charging stand with the built-in NFC a few months ago. I never really set up the NFC pairing, I think I may have played around with it a bit, but never really set it up. I do remember the dots on the top of the screen during the initial pairing. Fast forward a few months, I've now got a proclip car mount and I just bought some NFC stickers to slap on it to auto-start the CAR MODE app.

But, I can't get the phone to "see" either the stickers or even the charging stand. I've got bluetooth and tap+send turned on. Is there something I'm missing or is the NFC on my phone just dead?

I've tried a "soft reset". I'm very hesitant to do a hard reset, reading tales of bricked phones and re-installing all my apps and settings doesn't seem to fun either. I could take it into AT&T, but would that end up being the same as a hard reset in that I'd get a 'blank' phone in return?

I'm hoping that the GDR2+Amber update might fix this, fingers crossed it's not a hardware problem.

Any ideas?

Brad Billman

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
NFC does not work on 1020 after updates. I don't know what update broke it, but mine does not work at all. My wife's 920 is on the same software and still world. Both dev preview

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon