Haptic Feedback - anyone know of any disabling procedure?

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing this is a 99.8% NO, but thought it would be worth asking.

My capacitive feedback on the three buttons at the front is pretty strong and quiet 'jolty' every 5th or so time you press them. Really can't stand it and for me it ruins the slick minimalism of the phone and interactions.

Any light at the end of this tunnel for disabling? I know some lumia models have the option which is disappointing that the 925 doesn't.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to ifixit and learn how to open your phone. Then rip the vibrator out of it's spot and toss it into a river. Then, place a peanut back in the spot for a snack in case you ever get lost. Put phone back together and all is good! :excited: lol

Like others said, no can do. I doubt we will see that option anytime soon.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung allows you to set the vibration intensity of the capacitive buttons on the Galaxy S3 and to disable it altogether. I didn't know that they also have the same feature on their Windows Phones too. If that is the case then, then Nokia could easily add the same feature to Lumia.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Gulfam1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, like the OP mentioned, does anyone else have a problem with the haptic feedback being 'jolty' when the keys are pressed a few times (specifically the back button?) It's happened with me a few times, and it's real annoying that Nokia haven't added an option to turn it off.

mriveaa

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, like the OP mentioned, does anyone else have a problem with the haptic feedback being 'jolty' when the keys are pressed a few times (specifically the back button?) It's happened with me a few times, and it's real annoying that Nokia haven't added an option to turn it off.

the solution should come from Microsoft not Nokia.

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My dad asked me to help out and turn these haptic vibrations off and I was baffled when I realized we couldn't.

I noticed there are already several suggestions about this in the suggestion box over at windowsphone.com, the thread below got 6000+ votes and still nothing. :(

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...w-user-to-disable-vibration-for-the-3-buttons

Have Microsoft or Nokia even commented on this fact that loads of users wish to turn this feature off?

Last edited:

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but thought somebody might benefit. You can disable hiptic feedback from the Nokia Touch option is settings - will require a phone restart and works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes