Is T-Mobile Lumia 925 EOL?

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm seeing the 925 (White T-Mobile RM-893) all over Ebay for $199 - does anyone know if T-Mobile has EOL'd this phone (and if so, any clues as to the next T-Mobile Winphone (if any)?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm seeing the 925 (White T-Mobile RM-893) all over Ebay for $199 - does anyone know if T-Mobile has EOL'd this phone (and if so, any clues as to the next T-Mobile Winphone (if any)?

It hits 1 year old in June. A 1 year old phone will not sell well as a Flagship, so it is hitting a price drop turning it into an economy model. I do not think that means it is EOL in that they won't help you with it, they just can't charge a premium for it anymore. I wouldn't be surprised for them to keep it around for a bit and sell the 521 (or replacement) for $75-$100, the 925 for $200, and the 930 (931? 935?) for $500-$550.

There are only rumors now as to "WHAT'S NEXT?!?" but those rumors are pointing to the 930...I'd expect T-Mobile to get a version of it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't think it's EOL right now. I think this was a good move to sell it so incredibly cheap because it's selling like crazy right now. It might become the "new" Lumia 521, which could only be a good thing for T-Mobile and WP.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to both of you who answered because I want to move up from my 521 and $200 is a great price for a 925 - I'm just hoping we could get 8.1 and Nokia updates because when TMO EOL's a [phone their updates stop.

Honestly, I don't think it's EOL right now. I think this was a good move to sell it so incredibly cheap because it's selling like crazy right now. It might become the "new" Lumia 521, which could only be a good thing for T-Mobile and WP.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the 925 as a soon to be dead device.
Seems as far as WP phones go it's still state of the art.

Glad I got one before they disappear.
Perhaps a perfect bridge from the 521 to whatever WP I jump to next.

For the current low pricing and with Blue coming it may be reborn.
Great experience so far.

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Checked the T-Mobile site, it is around $400. One of the post suggessted that Simply Wireless is dumping their stocks. I got mine thru HSN and build date is July 2013. I guesses they are not moving the phone at all.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to both of you who answered because I want to move up from my 521 and $200 is a great price for a 925 - I'm just hoping we could get 8.1 and Nokia updates because when TMO EOL's a [phone their updates stop.

I'm sure the 925 will get 8.1. Also, T-Mobile could still support the phone with updates at least for awhile after it does get EOL'd. They did this with the 810, which was a shock to those of us who have/had that phone. It was EOL'd in May last year, yet still got GDR2/Amber in August.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Checked the T-Mobile site, it is around $400. One of the post suggessted that Simply Wireless is dumping their stocks. I got mine thru HSN and build date is July 2013. I guesses they are not moving the phone at all.
Yeah. Haven't checked the eBays mentioned, but HSN and Newegg were coming from Simply Wireless which happens to be located near D.C. So my newest, soon to be viral, rumor is that these 925 prices are being subsidized by the NSA for Simply Wireless allowing them to add a special chip. ;)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Haven't checked the eBays mentioned, but HSN and Newegg were coming from Simply Wireless which happens to be located near D.C. So my newest, soon to be viral, rumor is that these 925 prices are being subsidized by the NSA for Simply Wireless allowing them to add a special chip. ;)

Lawl !!!
Hard to doubt these days.

Moonbase0ne

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered this phone for $199.99 from HSN. I haven't had a Windows phone in a while and figured at this price, why not. Phone looks nice and I've heard good things about it. Only thing I don't like is no expandable memory, but it's not really a big deal. Especially since, If I do need to take more storage with me, I can simply use my cloud storage accounts or just take my other phone with more memory.

I think at this price this phone is a good buy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't think the 925 will get EOL...yet. It has probably seller a little better than both the 8X (remember that?) and the 810. T-mo to their credit actually updated both the 8X and 810 on Portico much earlier than anyone else did in the US. Then once they quietly killed both those phones off, they ended up getting Update 2 after the 521 and 925 launched with it. As we've seen, they pushed Black pretty late to the 925 and 521 (perhaps due to the Wifi calling).

Like others have said, there's just been someone with a large stock of 925s and are selling them off. It is a great get right now through HSN or Newegg at those prices, even if t-mo came out tomorrow and said they killed off the 925.

What I will was that I bought one via Newegg and the wireless charging option didn't work for me. I snapped the cover onto my international 925, and it charged just fine. When I bought the Newegg one last week, it was still running on Amber so I updated it first. Little things like that can kill an experience for a user, especially when it is t-mo USA we are talking about here...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, interestingly enough, there's an article on the main page this morning about T-Mobile getting a new WP codenamed "Monarch." Hmm... Makes you wonder even more now, huh?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, interestingly enough, there's an article on the main page this morning about T-Mobile getting a new WP codenamed "Monarch." Hmm... Makes you wonder even more now, huh?
I thought the Affordable Phone Act meant we could keep our old cell phone if we liked it.[/confused]

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not really following your sarcasm..
That's good because there isn't any! And since Professor Kenilworth retired in the '70s, there is no high quality joke analysis.

FWIW, The fact that T-Mobile is getting a newer phone shouldn't mean they won't bring 8.1 to their 925 or 521 owners. I think we are safe.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's good because there isn't any! And since Professor Kenilworth retired in the '70s, there is no high quality joke analysis.

FWIW, The fact that T-Mobile is getting a newer phone shouldn't mean they won't bring 8.1 to their 925 or 521 owners. I think we are safe.

Oops... I honestly thought you were being sarcastic. Affordable Phone Act??? I agree because I think the 925 and 521 should get 8.1/Blue. The 810, on the other hand? Probably not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon