Official 925 Cyan Thread

pSynrg

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
One thing I noticed is that when I launched explorer, everything is in yellow or black in the browser. Is this a norm? How do I set it back to the original page default colour instead of all black & yellow? Anyone?
My explorer is fine but that sounds like a high contrast theme. Go into the browser settings->advanced and check which reading view style is selected.

The freezes though are a bit of a concern. Does anyone know if there are any particular apps that could be causing this or is it possibly a pure OS fault, rather than an app. It would be a poor OS that can be frozen by an erroneous app!

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I think that the freezing is something to do with glance

Turn glance off for a few days and see if you still get the freezing

Or wait, keep being patient with it. My 920 used to freeze nearly everyday and it was annoying. I didn't do anything, and I still use glance, but it has stopped freezing now about a month ago. I am on dev preview and my 920 used to freeze before 8.1, so its definitely not an 8.1 issue

Vellamoose

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Never had this after a soft reset. Maybe its the high contrast option? Go to settings, ease of access and uncheck high contrast. If that doesn't make a difference then all I can suggest is that you turn your phone off and on again, that fixes a lot of things in WP
Hi friend, u r rite. The steps u mentioned fixed the issue but then the main page background colour from black became the taupe colour. Ok At least now I know it isn't a prob. All setting has been like this before this latest update.

One thing too, my wife n me uses the same phone, both 925. Both are different carriers though. Funny thing was today, we both lost 4G connection together. Really weird. Any comments on this?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Have a L925 unlocked from 3 network, I use a giffgaff sim & Im from the UK and still haven't got the Cyan update, I'm currently running 8.1 Dev preview. Anyone have the same problem as myself?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi friend, u r rite. The steps u mentioned fixed the issue but then the main page background colour from black became the taupe colour. Ok At least now I know it isn't a prob. All setting has been like this before this latest update.

One thing too, my wife n me uses the same phone, both 925. Both are different carriers though. Funny thing was today, we both lost 4G connection together. Really weird. Any comments on this?

I'm glad you found a solution to the high contrast issue. I'm afraid that I don't know why you guys lost 4g, shouldn't happen unless both your networks are down. It shouldn't be a cyan / wp8.1 issue.

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Have a L925 unlocked from 3 network, I use a giffgaff sim & Im from the UK and still haven't got the Cyan update, I'm currently running 8.1 Dev preview. Anyone have the same problem as myself?

Check the Nokia support page to see if it has been released on 3 UK for the 925. It could be that your version hasn't been released yet.

See here

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Edit: I checked the page and the cyan firmware update for 3 UK 925 is still under testing. When it is available, it will say so on the above page.

I own a 3 UK 920 and am on giffgaff too... :)

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I am running 8.1 DP on a T-Mobile 925.
Can someone tell me how I can get the official 8.1; when I check for updates it says my phone is up to date.
Thank you.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Check the Nokia support page to see if it has been released on 3 UK for the 925. It could be that your version hasn't been released yet.

See here

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europe/

Edit: I checked the page and the cyan firmware update for 3 UK 925 is still under testing. When it is available, it will say so on the above page.

I own a 3 UK 920 and am on giffgaff too... :)

I thought only those who use bitlocker need to downgrade? There are many people who have upgraded straight from dev preview on this forum with no problems because they weren't using bitlocker

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I thought only those who use bitlocker need to downgrade? There are many people who have upgraded straight from dev preview on this forum with no problems because they weren't using bitlocker
No, all Lumia Dev preview users need to downgrade now until a fix is available. Those who updated before MS and Nokia blocked it for preview users are the only ones who got Cyan without downgrading.

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
No, all Lumia Dev preview users need to downgrade now until a fix is available. Those who updated before MS and Nokia blocked it for preview users are the only ones who got Cyan without downgrading.

I know that wpcentral published that article but even Danial admitted in the comments that it was wrong info coming from Microsoft

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys, i've installed the Finland firmware, and Ok, it's fine, all good except for keyboard :S It's like it doesn't want to correct words, i use a Spanish keyboard, since i'm from Argentina and this never happened to me, i even used a couple of different firmwares for my 920, couting US, France and New Zeland, so i don't think it's region related, besides the data for keyboard it's downloaded so, dunno, is there anybody experiencing something like this?

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
And, AlexanderPD commented on this very forum saying 'don't know.. i have updated my lumia 925 from Developer Preview and those arrow just appeared.
But.. the documentation i linked says this' etc. That was pisted on 07-16-2014z which is the same day that wpcentral released the article about dev preview and bitlocker troubles. But as said before, in the comments of that article, Daniel admits that it was a mistake by Microsoft and wpcentral to publish such info.

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

ONLY the people using bitlocker on their devices need to downgrade, NOT everyone.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
925 in Argentina here, country variant. Needed to downgrade from the Developer Preview using NSRT, only after doing that the update showed up, I wasn't using Bitlocker, I can confirm that the update is halted for all running the preview!

WPUser2

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
925 in Argentina here, country variant. Needed to downgrade from the Developer Preview using NSRT, only after doing that the update showed up, I wasn't using Bitlocker, I can confirm that the update is halted for all running the preview!

Ok, I was in two minds, but thanks for the clarification

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes