No wifi calling app on one of my two 925s

Daneyul

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
My 925 (win 8) has the wifi calling app. My wife's doesn't. Tried downloading the one in the win store -- it says "not available for my phone" and hers?! Tried using the manual download and it gave me the "problem with company app" error when trying to install it on her phone (tried mine too just for the heck of it and I got the same "company app" error.

Anyone have any idea how to get the app to appear when it's not there in the app list?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Are both 925 from TMO? Do a hard reset for the one without and see if it appears back or not? Otherwise use Nokia Software for Retail to put the TMO ROM on the phone and see if that works.

Daneyul

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep, both tmo. She thinks when she first got it, 6 months ago, it had the app. I was hoping not to have to reset her phone--in fact, it's not worth it if it comes to that. Hoped there was a way to surgically reinstall just the "wireless calling" app without losing all her settings and apps. Seems like somehow it should be without resorting to a complete wipe.

Preston Gallwas

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Daneyul, I uninstalled it from mine trying to make it work better. Ultimately, I just "Shared" it with NFC from one phone to another and it came up and said it was in fact available. Spent an hour on support with T-Mobile trying to first explain what Windows phone was, then that there was a wifi calling app, and it was published by T-Mobile, and...well, I'll just buy android next time :\

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes