Thinking about buying a new 925 here.

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Its a love/hate situation with my 925. 3/4 of hate is related to WP and rest of hate is related to crappy earpiece sound quality, shallow micro USB port and overheating
Sent from my RM-892_eu_finland_202 using Tapatalk

AGREE for the sound quality. It's really bad. When I listen to music, I always use my headphones 🎧.

MAHER_Central

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
We are talking about the speakers. The headphone quality is great. But don't worry about the speakers. It's good enough but I'm compering it with the iPhone 5s speakers.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 925. It's a great phone !
- Battery is good even if I expected more from a 2000 mA.
-Design awesome but you'll need a case cause the metal is really fragile. The back is resistant.
-Camera is amazing.
- I don't really use for gaming but I've once tried and the phone gets a little hot.

If you need any information ask ! I'm happy to answer.

The metal case is fragile? Really? Do tell.

benny142

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
all is good except battery life.. Battery life sucks big time and storage is limited to 16GB. If you can deal with both these, go for it... ;) Its an awesome phone!

1thedavehall

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I love my 925. Battery life is great, more than enough storage with 16GB, I have a lot of stuff stored and still have 9GB available. Camera is the best I've ever seen on a phone. Build quality is solid and the screen is beautiful and vibrant. I would recommend it.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a used 925 on eBay for $160. Allegedly "great" condition. I have an 810, I wanted Wifi Calling on my primary phone, and LTE wouldn't hurt.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
To the OP - go for the 925 if you can find it for a good price. I love it and it's become my main driver (I also have an 810 and a 920). I've found battery life to be pretty good on 8.1, probably a bit better than on my 810, which is also running 8.1. Cameras are also great. I love the rear shooter and at this point, I think it takes even better pics than my 920 did, which is saying a lot! The FFC is pretty decent as well. I just took a couple of selfies with it two days ago and they came out pretty clear and not at all grainy. The 16GB isn't an issue if you're not heavy on games or loading music on your phone. I have 10GB free on mine.

chalx

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
The metal case is fragile? Really? Do tell.

Yes it is. Thin, rounded metal seem fragile. Also, it's not easy to hold if its not in case. In first week when we got it in my company, few people accidentaly dropped phones.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Julzilla

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I love my 925, my only gripe about it is the lack of external storage. I'm now running cyan+8.1 update 1 PFD. As someone had already said, you need a case because the aluminum frame is slippy. Mine came with Nokia monster headset for free as a promo and I also love them. Battery lasts a day of normal use.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
A few months ago AT&T made a mistake and put the 925 on sale for 79.99. It was a one day mistake by them but I was one of the lucky ones that got in an order and got the phone two days later. About four hours later they put the phone back at the normal price of 399$. Anyway I got it to replace my excellent 820. I took the sim from my 820 put it in the 925 and used it for two weeks. After the two weeks I decided to stay with my 820 because of the SD card slot, the wireless charging back cover, removeable battery, and a few other things. The 820 and 925 have the same CPu, memory etc. I love the way the 925 looks; but it fits my wifes usage better (she has no problem with only 16GB of enternal storage. As far a battery the 925 is a little better; but not by much. I adverage 1 day and 13 hours on my 820 (learned how to get max usage from it); while my wife gets 1 day 17 hours of usage. While the 925 has a much better resolution on the screen I have seen them side by side a hundred times and I can't tell much difference. Don't get me wrong I love the 925; but I like the 820 better especially with the addition of cyan/8.1. I would wait for a look see at the 830 before I spent alot of money on the 925. If you can get it for a very good price, OK. The camera in the 925 takes better pictures; but with the new Nokia Camera app the 820 is not far behing. Love um both; but think the 820 (with the addition of cyan/8.1) is a better phone for my usage type.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
A few months ago AT&T made a mistake and put the 925 on sale for 79.99. It was a one day mistake by them but I was one of the lucky ones that got in an order and got the phone two days later. About four hours later they put the phone back at the normal price of 399$. Anyway I got it to replace my excellent 820. I took the sim from my 820 put it in the 925 and used it for two weeks. After the two weeks I decided to stay with my 820 because of the SD card slot, the wireless charging back cover, removeable battery, and a few other things. The 820 and 925 have the same CPu, memory etc. I love the way the 925 looks; but it fits my wifes usage better (she has no problem with only 16GB of enternal storage. As far a battery the 925 is a little better; but not by much. I adverage 1 day and 13 hours on my 820 (learned how to get max usage from it); while my wife gets 1 day 17 hours of usage. While the 925 has a much better resolution on the screen I have seen them side by side a hundred times and I can't tell much difference. Don't get me wrong I love the 925; but I like the 820 better especially with the addition of cyan/8.1. I would wait for a look see at the 830 before I spent alot of money on the 925. If you can get it for a very good price, OK. The camera in the 925 takes better pictures; but with the new Nokia Camera app the 820 is not far behing. Love um both; but think the 820 (with the addition of cyan/8.1) is a better phone for my usage type.

Lumia 820 is a very good device too. I had one before Lumia 925. A missing SD Card feature is really a dealbreaker for a multimedia users.

About the battery, I think the difference of usage between you and your wife is huge. My old 820 barely lasts a day (4G/WiFi, a lot of Whatsapp and social networks), despite my Lumia 925. Huge difference for me.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
-How's the battery life? Both in the Developer Preview or not. Because in my 820 is really sucks, it needs three times charging a day and I even had used the MPJ's 2500 mAh battery. (I'm on the Lumia Black Developer Preview 8.1)
battery life is decent, its not amazing, but it lasts through an average day for me with about 30% left

-Is it too late already to buy a 925?
Well, that depends, the phone is officially EOL (atleast on T-mobile, but probably the same case on all carriers) so cyan is likely its last official update, though you always have the dev preview to fallback on. It's a nice phone, it feels nice to hold, I get a ton of compliments on it out in public, it has one of the most beautiful displays (gotta love OLED) and it just all around id a great phone, and with the EOL, its price is pretty low

-How troublesome are the 16gb capacity? Mind it that I'd only store about half five hundred songs (300mb) and I don't play games in my phone, and the rest are used by the social and media apps and the photo editor apps and the photos and videos I take on it.
I think you'd be fine, I struggle with it, but I have tons of music at 320 kb/s bitrate, for just social media? pfft, that wont take anything space wise

-And how would you rate your 925's camera? Both front and back.
I haven't used the front camera much to give a good review on, from the times I did use it, it seemed average.The rear camera is great, it doesn't take OMGAWESOME pictures, but it wows friends and family, its really good in low light conditions too.

conclusion: If you don't mind getting an aging phone that likely wont keep support long (if it still has it) then yea, I'd definately recommend this phone, it really is a nice little thing, and, this is just my personal opinion, but I think it has the best body design in all of the lumia series

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon