Battery Life Thread

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Took my phone off the charger at 1:24 pm on Thursday. It was down to ~40% around 7 pm last night, though it apparently quickly ate up the rest and died (was mashed into couch cushions) around 10 pm. Still better than 30 hours on a charge. I can live with that ;)

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I envy you 928 owners...on my 3rd 920 since launch day and the same battery problems. Ruined what would've been an amazing experience with the device. :(

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Running around 24 hours on light-medium usage now. Throw some long games sessions in and it plummets as expected, but otherwise calling, texting, IM'ing, browsing etc hardly dent it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
What's the best battery app to monitor the life of the battery? I'm getting roughly 5-6 hours of battery life on lte WiFi off Bluetooth on NFC off

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice a change since updating GDR2/Amber? My wife has had an issue (Lumia 928) where she charges it overnight, or during the day and the battery indicator shows maybe half. Happened right after she updated. Soft reset fixed it initially, but now it seems to be back. Advised her to let it drain dead, then give it a good charge without use and see what happens.

Anyone else see this issue, or similar since upgrading?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice a change since updating GDR2/Amber? My wife has had an issue (Lumia 928) where she charges it overnight, or during the day and the battery indicator shows maybe half. Happened right after she updated. Soft reset fixed it initially, but now it seems to be back. Advised her to let it drain dead, then give it a good charge without use and see what happens.

Anyone else see this issue, or similar since upgrading?

my wireless charging sometimes just stops working in the middle of the night. in the morning, while its still plugged in, check if it indicates that it is plugged in.

nickg0413

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
i noticed i get FAR more battery life on my 928 than i did on my android phone. i can easily get thru a whole day of use before i really have to think about giving it a charge. on my android phone i'd be surfing the web for about a half an hour and was down to 75% or less battery life.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i noticed i get FAR more battery life on my 928 than i did on my android phone. i can easily get thru a whole day of use before i really have to think about giving it a charge. on my android phone i'd be surfing the web for about a half an hour and was down to 75% or less battery life.

What android phone did you have before?

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Charged the phone up Monday night (wireless charging plate) and went to the golf course Tuesday for most of the morning with LTE on. Took a few pictures and sent a few text while playing. Afterwards, made a few phone calls and updated a couple of apps over wifi and installed 480px. By late afternoon, the phone was < 30%. Put the phone on the charger last night and charged it up and took it off the charger. With NO BT, Wifi or LTE on, the phone was down to 49% after 7 hours off charge.

The only thing I did different was install 480px, but now I killed the background application this morning and will see what happens.

Also, can someone chime in about this situation. I have it set for Wifi to stay alive when screen is off. Every time I turn the phone on, it appears the Wifi is trying to reconnect (the wifi icon animates). So is Wifi on or not. Also, it is hard to tell that if I have data connection on and Wifi on also, which is the active one? I assume Wifi, but hard to tell with this phone.

Thanks

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've read turning of Xbox cloud in the music settings helps the battery life alot I just cut it off to see if that helps

Sent from my Nokia 928 using Tapatalk

dyeagley

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Since the upgrade I have noticed a battery drain. I don't even use my phone that much it drains. Have all the apps, that drain the battery, off. It sucks.
diane

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What's the best battery app to monitor the life of the battery? I'm getting roughly 5-6 hours of battery life on lte WiFi off Bluetooth on NFC off

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

Battery Performance. It costs a few $'s but is a great app and it doesn't appear to drain the battery.

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My batterys been fair but I can't last more than a day with my cellular connection on where I live, is waistin 4% tops a night and watching any videos or checking the networks kills 10% every 5 minutes about

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that battery life has, greatly, decreased since Amber or GDR3 (not sure which to blame).
The attachment shows my batter drain, while sleeping!!!
I took the phone off the charger around 2AM and it gave me the low battery warning around 9AM.
That's, pretty much, the entire batter draining in 8 hours with NO activity.
Hehehe...
I used to be quite pleased with the battery performance.
Not anymore, though...
JJ

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140105_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140105_0001.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 3

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I disabled glance and all background tasks, charged, and let sit while I slept.
Battery went from 99% to 3% from midnight to 8AM.
So, I can say that the problem isn't background tasks or glance.
Hehehe...
Another thread claimed that wifi that was on, but not doing anything, was a major suck (like 5% per hour).
I'll try disabling wifi, bluetooth, and location, tonight.
JJ

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I disabled wifi, bluetooth, and location and it only used 6% of the batter, overnight!!!
That's with glance always on and 7-10 background tasks.
JJ

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140109_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140109_0001.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2