Lumia in Europe?

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So I'm looking at taking my 928 to London and had a couple questions.

1) Can I use a pre-paid Euro Sim without talking to VZW?

2)European power, can it take it or should I get a power adapter.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Glenmore Vinoya

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the link on hand, but there should be a Wikipedia page that lists frequencies supported by carriers in whichever location you're heading to. Ensure that is compatible with your 928 and you should be fine. As for the power, check your Nokia charger and see if it's universal voltage, i.e. 100-240V 50/60Hz. There should be a marking on the charger that says that.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm this all works. I live in the Netherlands and my 928 works fine. 3G signal is a bit weaker but no loss of signal. You should be fine in the EU

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
About the only thing I would do is find a power/usb brick for the country(s) you are going to. Britain has the funny plugs, right?

Otherwise it's unlocked. Download the Nokia Access Point app before you go, I think that's the one that will help make all the correct settings.

PS don't lose your Verizon SIM while you're there ;)

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
it'll work fine! On a recent business trip, I walked into a Vodaphone store in Ireland and asked about pre-paid SIM, about 30 Euros later, I had a local number and a data package. International calls without the VZW uplift was quite nice, I must say! As psiu_glen noted, keep track of your VZW SIM; I just taped mine to the Vodaphone SIM package and stuck it in my case. Back in the states, it logged onto the T-Mobile network and didn't have any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon