Post Denim Camera Check

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I think the camera does operate faster and smoother. I can get the camera open and a photo fired off in about 4-5 seconds. The stock camera I can do the same in about 3 seconds. I can take pictures about 2-3 seconds apart. I'm not saying its a miracle but I say its about a second to 1.5 seconds faster than before. That's about a 20% decrease in time.
Is anyone seeing the same results?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think the camera does operate faster and smoother. I can get the camera open and a photo fired off in about 4-5 seconds. The stock camera I can do the same in about 3 seconds. I can take pictures about 2-3 seconds apart. I'm not saying its a miracle but I say its about a second to 1.5 seconds faster than before. That's about a 20% decrease in time.
Is anyone seeing the same results?

Sorry but while I find the controls to be more responsive, shooting time itself is about the same for me. The lack of lag while setting controls and composing amounts to (at best) a 5% overall improvement in shooting time but nothing more. I think that may also be quite generous. The smoothness of operation is much improved but, in my experience, that simply amounts to a less intrusive user experience rather than bona fide improvement. I still appreciate the improvements but the difference between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera is still night and day.

rQvsnaps

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Camera 5 hasn't been released to any denim phones yet. Until then, the same app will be equally fast as it was on cyan

I disagree.. Running lumia camera 5.0.1.11, lumia 930
Speed greatly increased, but usually I find myself manually adjusting settings so my shots are roughly same speed as before. IF your happy with auto settings though, the difference is quite noticable.

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I can definitely agree that everything does feel smoother in terms of camera software operation. The speed may be in my head. I'm like rQvsnaps in which I tend to fiddle with settings before taking a shot so I'm not as familiar of the the speed of auto snapping. I just remember timing it a while back and getting to a full 6 seconds from start to finish taking a shot.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I disagree.. Running lumia camera 5.0.1.11, lumia 930
Speed greatly increased, but usually I find myself manually adjusting settings so my shots are roughly same speed as before. IF your happy with auto settings though, the difference is quite noticable.

Where/how did you get "Lumia Camera 5.0.1.11"? The store page for it says version 4.9.2.1

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Where/how did you get "Lumia Camera 5.0.1.11"? The store page for it says version 4.9.2.1

he's right. I think the 930 and 1520 with Denim come preinstalled with the app or something. Not sure how that works since the store still says 4.9.2.1 But anyway, I dont see any reason why they wouldn't release 5.0 for older phones. I think they will. Until then, if you're using 4.9, you wont notice faster camera

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Not too sure it will. It may be a hardware issue. If you notice only the mid/high quad core models got it and they had cameras over 10 mp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon