03-14-2015 07:09 AM
60 123
tools
    Both the crappy low light images as well as that annoying purpleness and crappy ViewFinder are the same I have on my 930 and that is also present on the 7 930's I've tested in stores around town.

I've reached to Juha Alakarhu (Twitter ‏@jalakarhu) about the crappy algorithms that are producing that much noise and grain on the photos in low light.
    And I've reached to Nokia Care (Twitter ‏@NokiaHelps) about the grainy image in low light on the ViewFinder. They've escalated the complaint to the imaging team.

I suggest you all do the same. The more people complain about the same things, the quicker they'll understand that it's a problem with the way the software is programmed and hopefully fix it.
    i have the same issue on my lumia 720!! i think its a software thing since the black update
    09-22-2014 01:09 AM
    Unless it is a widespread problem (doesn't seem to be given the photos and videos I've seen), call them manufacturing flaws. With the PS4 for example, at least 5% of PS4s manufactured WILL have a flaw in them, and that's something that cannot be controlled, regardless of what software or firmware they have. Similar case for phones.
    Yes, but, if the camera is defective why take very good pictures in day only in night appear this purple flickering (when I move the phone) and in video mode the purple flickering not appear but is darkest. and one person in Nokia forums says that he sent the phone back to Nokia and Nokia said that everything is OK (the phone had the purple flickering too) but, Nokia damaged his phone and returned other phone with the same flickering.

This is very confusing for me...
    09-22-2014 11:08 AM
    You're not the only one ! I've just started a new thread yesterday asking the same questions ! Look at my Potato 920 123.jpg
    09-25-2014 11:28 AM
    Wait for the Lumia Denim firmware

• Quality: Capture high-quality smartphone images in low light with the latest-generation imaging algorithms.

Lumia Denim firmware announced by Microsoft, brings 4K-quality video and more | Windows Phone Central
    Lev VioN likes this.
    09-25-2014 03:32 PM
    Please enjoy my camera test and see which is better LUMIA 930 or iPhone 6 Lumia 930 vs IPhone 6 – Camera test | Window into Microsoft
    09-26-2014 06:05 AM
    for time lapse use this app
    Timelapse Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (India)
    for a faster opening speed,use ms camera app
    for HDR,use camera360 or proshot

just thought it might help people looking for these options :)
    fbloise likes this.
    09-26-2014 08:00 AM
    The new updates didn't change anything about low light, guess this camera made for a day light only :)
    BTW - if everyone with this camera module (930/929/1520) move their device in very dark place (or outside at night) on camera app they'll see these purple flickering, its releted to every devices (as mention), maybe it would better on manual settings (lower ISO, changing white balance, ...)
    03-11-2015 04:07 PM
    This is how the camera performs in low light...taken with oneshot camera and Cyan
    03-13-2015 10:37 AM
    This is how the camera performs in low light...taken with oneshot camera and Cyan
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8682/...6631f6f8_c.jpg
    Awesome!
    ISO?
    White Balance?
    Any other settings? With automatic setting you'll never get this great results.
    On low light you must use manual settings.

BTW - with one shot camera app if you move the device/camera pretty quick did you notice the purple shadow on the screen (Even though the shots took fine)? If you any see this on the original lumia camera?
    (Only on full dark/very very low light - could do it under a blanket or something to get a full dark if its not dark enough outside)
    03-13-2015 11:29 AM
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8682/...6631f6f8_c.jpg
    Absolutely beautiful
    Con Georgiadis likes this.
    03-14-2015 07:09 AM
60 123