Worst Windows Phone Device to Date Bar None

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Except a good portion of these forums and most users

That's what? 50 people?

Out of the thousands of devices how exactly is 50 odd defective products surprising?

Also common sense dictates that people are more likely to complain on a forum like this when they have a problem, meaning it seems amplified when in actual fact the number of defective products is such a small minority.

2 Lumia 930's from the same store in London has no issues, and a 3rd Lumia 930 from a different store in London also has no issue, just trying to emphasise that instead of complaining about your phone being defective maybe try getting a replacement? sh!t happens and defective products do exist.

Monry

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Except a good portion of these forums and most users

Excuse me, where are all these people with poor speed and poor speaker sound quality? I haven't seen any.
Main problem with 930 is the screen... BUT - we have Nokia statement that problems are with software and there will be a fix soon. Reffering to that there is no reason to get the replacements since propably all units are "defective" and all will be fixed with software update.
In my opinion 930 is absolutely great. Screen is beautiful, one of the best ever used in smartphones. Call quality is great. Speed of this phone is phenomenal, just like 1520. Yes, the battery life is average, it heats a little, but none of these cons are really a deal breakers or something that don't happen to other manufacturers.
As an early adopter of Xperia S (hardware defective screen, defective microphone), BB Z10 (very poor battery life, strong overheating), LG G2 (crackling in ear speakers) etc. I must say that 930 have relatively few problems, and the main one is on the software side and will be fixed soon.

I'm just waiting long enough before buying, to make sure I get a phone from a more recent batch.
I don't think its necessary now since first batches was the Lumia Icon ones. As we can see on forums there aren't many problems that are occuring frequently. Only the screen, but it's software.

Last edited:

nielsniels

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't think its necessary now since first batches was the Lumia Icon ones. As we can see on forums there aren't many problems that are occuring frequently. Only the screen, but it's software.
Well I'm still on the fence about this phone. The screen... might be software, but I always reason that if it is a software problem then every single phone would have the problem because they all have the same software base. Yet there are also 930's without any screen problems.
The other main drawback is that I don't really trust the display glass that is raised beyond the frame, so if the phone falls face down, the glass will take 100% of the impact, and if the "curved" edge of the glass hits first, it's guaranteed to crack because of peak pressure. So far I've read relatively many reports of cracked lumia 930 screen from low drops, and it's not very common to see reports of cracked screens pop up on such a regular basis... The style of the display glass is a major design mistake that gives the phone a crucial weakness. I fear that when drop tests of Lumia 930/icon finally appear on Youtube, the score will not be so good.

Monry

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Like many said before I think that every 930's are affected, just not everybody notice it.
With cracking potential you may have a point but I have never thought about it when buying new phone and I have never dropped any (at least for now..). The phone design overall is astonishing and that's good enough for me ;)

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Like many said before I think that every 930's are affected, just not everybody notice it.
With cracking potential you may have a point but I have never thought about it when buying new phone and I have never dropped any (at least for now..). The phone design overall is astonishing and that's good enough for me ;)

I agree, I didn't notice it until I read these kinds of threads. So I see it now, but I don't normally stare at pure white screens or try to use my camera in almost pure darkness. It doesn't impact day to day usage for me.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have read that you can uninstall the display app by setting the date to the year 2300 and removing the display app from settings it fixes the issue.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have read that you can uninstall the display app by setting the date to the year 2300 and removing the display app from settings it fixes the issue.

It fixes the black that isn't black on max brightness yes but it does nothing to the uneven screen uniformity screen issue. I have a hard time believing that is a software issue like some say. 2 out of 3 Lumia 800 that I went through also had this uneven screen issue and it was never ever fixed.

RusB

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Yawn at OP. I've had a 920, 925 & now 930 and my 930 is flawless and wipes the floor with any other phone I've owned - including a 5s. Sorry to hear you've had issues, but hey ho.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon