Update 8.1.1 Question

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

So I'm from South Africa, new to WP, and I'm still awaiting the update to 8.1.1 that MS started rolling out for the Lumia 930 quite a while ago. I'm just a little confused by a few things. Is this update only being rolled out to Previewers right now, or should I expect it soon? Also, I'm assuming the phone update section under settings is where I want to look, right?

Thanks guys

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Currently, Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is only being rolled out for O2 customers on their 930 handsets

O2 begins rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 to the Lumia 930 | Windows Central

Hopefully this means that the Lumia support site will be updated soon to indicate the status of the update for other carriers/handsets (check Windowsphone 8.1 - Microsoft - USA , although only Cyan is listed at this time)

And yes, you can manually look for updates using settings->update.

The WindowsCentral front page will of course shout out the news of the update hitting more carriers/devices as it happens...

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Currently, Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is only being rolled out for O2 customers on their 930 handsets

O2 begins rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 to the Lumia 930 | Windows Central

Hopefully this means that the Lumia support site will be updated soon to indicate the status of the update for other carriers/handsets (check Windowsphone 8.1 - Microsoft - USA , although only Cyan is listed at this time)

And yes, you can manually look for updates using settings->update.

The WindowsCentral front page will of course shout out the news of the update hitting more carriers/devices as it happens...

And Vodafone new Zealand....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes