Crazy Battery Bleed

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.... my phone was fully charged before going to work. By the time I got to work it was at 28%. I did not use my phone. It is a 20 minute walk to work

At home, it lasts much longer.

Also at work, I charge via USB cable to my computer - it moved up 14% in 5 hours.

At home, it charges much faster...

Suggestions as to what is going on?

Thanks,

mr.V

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm.... my phone was fully charged before going to work. By the time I got to work it was at 28%. I did not use my phone. It is a 20 minute walk to work

At home, it lasts much longer.

Also at work, I charge via USB cable to my computer - it moved up 14% in 5 hours.

At home, it charges much faster...

Suggestions as to what is going on?

Thanks,

mr.V

while going to work, was data on?
Can you check under battery saver which app has been using the most battery

As for charging - the USB in a pc has a low output current so it cannot charge as fast as the average charger and certainly not as fast as a fast charger. PC USB current can be at most 0.5A while an average charger can be 0.75-0.85A while a fast charger can be 1.5-2.1A

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp - 23.8%
Microsoft - 15.3%
Microsoft Edge - 10.8

Those are my top 3.

Data is on but I checked - very little change - about 100 megs used in two days.

GPS....is that measured?

Thanks for your help!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How is your signal strength during your commute to work and while you are at work?

Bad signal can kill the battery quickly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried the soft reset - no luck.
Tried a hard reset - but nothing happens (Volume down+ power + camera) while phone is off.

How do I disabled it from the background.

Is there anyway I can download update file to my desktop, copy it to my phone and execute it. It is now downloading. It might install?

Thanks,

mr. V

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried the soft reset - no luck.
Tried a hard reset - but nothing happens (Volume down+ power + camera) while phone is off.

How do I disabled it from the background.

Is there anyway I can download update file to my desktop, copy it to my phone and execute it. It is now downloading. It might install?

Thanks,

mr. V

to disable from background - go to settings > privacy > background apps > search the list for update and switch the toggle off

You can't download the update to pc and copy over, that feature hasn't been around for a long time unfortunately.
It will download the update but installation time depends on you - you can change time of install and keep postponing

But honesty, just try the update

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
After doing a factory reset - all is good.
I think the issue was the download was failing and it kept trying and trying - killing my battery. Why it kept failing I will never know.
Now, it is installed - much better.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital