This Waiting Sucks!

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure who to be mad at...Nokia or Verizon! I'm so sick of waiting for the Icon. It's bad enough that the 41 mp camera is only at AT&T, but they can't seem to get this phone on the market either. Must decide, do I switch to AT&T or do I go back to Android!:angry:

mrlugo88

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Both sound like really bad decisions. I tried out the HTC One after having my 928, and while I liked the build of the phone, I hated going back to Android. Went back to my 928 and couldn't be happier. Well, I could if I had an Icon, but whatever.

I understand the frustration, but really, if you've been on Verizon for any length of time, you already know how this works. We always seem to get phones later than the rest. I hate it just as much, but that's the reality. And the fact is, we have no idea when Verizon planned to unveil this thing. We don't know what the hold up is, but we know its coming.

Basically what I'm getting to is this: don't make any rash decisions that you'll come to regret later. Enjoy the hell out of your (928?) and the Icon will come soon enough. That's what I'm doing.

invertme

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I assume you have a 928 right now? It's still a good phone so I wouldn't worry about it. I am using a HTC DNA and a HTC One Max. Both make me miss Windows Phone..

I switched to Android when I went to Verizon (for work purposes) because I felt like the 928 was "old" at the time. I regret it...

So if the 929 doesn't come out soon I may get a Note 3 hoping that will make me happy.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure who to be mad at...Nokia or Verizon! I'm so sick of waiting for the Icon. It's bad enough that the 41 mp camera is only at AT&T, but they can't seem to get this phone on the market either. Must decide, do I switch to AT&T or do I go back to Android!:angry:

This is all on Verizon. Only thing to be mad at Nokia about is not having enough market share to bully Verizon into releasing phones on Nokia's schedule and not their own. You think Verizon is going to tell Apple or Samsung, well I think we're going to hold off on releasing your new phone for a while?

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Be mad at whoever leaked the phone...verizon hasn't announced it yet, so it's really hard to be mad at them...haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
My Mom decided she was ready for a smartphone. So I was going to get her the 928 since it is really great and easy to use. Then the "pre-announcements" about the 929 started coming out. I'd like to get her up and rolling but I don't want to buy another 928 when I can get a 929 and give her my now old 928. And I've been waiting since before Xmas.

planoman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
if you want the latest windows phones, you should be an att customer.

+1 on this. There has never been a phone I wanted on any platform that was not available or did not work on att. Of course I have great att coverage where I live which is key when picking a carrier.

Matthew Moore4

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just went to AT&T to play around with the 1520; they even let me hold it "untethered", without the awkward security thing attached. It's a beautiful phone, and the thinness of it makes the other dimensions doable. I could one hand it, and fit it easily in my pocket.

If Verizon/Nokia/Windows doesn't get their act together soon, Verizon is going to lose a customer of over 10 years. I'd rather have the compromise of the Icon's dimensions.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I saw the 1520 as well. I liked it, but I just don't want to change providers because of a phone. I also travel too much to get an AT&T device. I travel to cities, suburbs, and rural areas for work and never had an issue with Verizon's signal. Can't give that up.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I saw the 1520 as well. I liked it, but I just don't want to change providers because of a phone. I also travel too much to get an AT&T device. I travel to cities, suburbs, and rural areas for work and never had an issue with Verizon's signal. Can't give that up.

This is where I'm sitting too. That and I don't care to have a 6 inch phone.

WP8fan

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My Mom decided she was ready for a smartphone. So I was going to get her the 928 since it is really great and easy to use. Then the "pre-announcements" about the 929 started coming out. I'd like to get her up and rolling but I don't want to buy another 928 when I can get a 929 and give her my now old 928. And I've been waiting since before Xmas.

This type of thing ALWAYS happens. It drives me nuts!!

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It's true that AT&T gets the newest phones the fastest. The thing is, their coverage in some areas are more lackluster compared to Verizon, in my experience. It's really either a choice of sacrificing one for the other, or waiting to get both benefits.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My contract with Verizon doesn't end till early 2015. Not that I hate my trusty 822, because it has been rock-solid, but I sure would like to get my hands on that Icon.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

You should be mad at Nokia for making everyone wait. 1520 is a good device but a different league. We need a 5.2 inch variant of 1520 for which Nokia is making everyone suffer, including me.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Be mad at whoever leaked the phone...verizon hasn't announced it yet, so it's really hard to be mad at them...haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Yea, a UNANNOUCED phone, according to Verizon and Nokia, this phone does not exist at this point. I'm sure people will hear something soon tho...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
haha I remember the wait last year when we were doing this with the 928. It was brutal, i pretty much lived on the forum wishing for even jsut more info. I cant get a new phone till next year so when the 929.5 is on the rumor mill ill be right back there with you guys.

Good luck and happy waiting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes