Do I need a case??

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I had to learn it the hard way. My 820 felt tough, heavy like a tank until I accidentally dropped it from waist height. Broke the AMOLED display. Thankfully, the touch was working fine.
When it fell, I got a mini heart attack and I don't want to get it again. I have been using a case ever since. It made my 820 more bulky, and ruined the phone's looks but I guess it's a compromise. worth considering.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I use a case when at work and don't everywhere else. The case is a transparent red tpu case, so it does not change the look of the phone very much

I have a red 1520, the corners on this phone hold up much better than the 920 did.

I am not a fan of aluminum on smartphones because of how soft it is.

Ankit Diwan

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
After few months of using my 720, i noticed some scratches on the back camera lens. So i bought a case. It prevents the camera from touching any surface and getting scratched.

pcleland79

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 810 with the Cyan charging cover. No other case, I do use an antiglare screen protector but that's it. I have dropped this phone repeatedly, kicked it across parking lots when it was sitting in my lap when I got out of the car, it barely has a scratch on it. These things are tough, there is no question about that. I have dropped it from 12 feet while using the light in a high ceiling, onto concrete and nothing, one corner of my charging cover has a little scratch. One of the most solid phone I have ever owned. +810WP_20140528_003.jpgWP_20140528_006.jpgWP_20140528_011.jpg

jmaudi0

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
i would love a bumper case for the lumia icon. right now i have one of the Yesoo cases from Amazon...basically a replica of the Incipio Feather case but a lot cheaper.

I've been a fan of bumpers ever since apple released them for the iphone years back. they do just enough to lift the phone of the table or w/e it is resting on to prevent scratching on each side...while still showing off the phone. that's all i want/need.

has anyone seen a bumper for the Icon?

TheLiege

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you're worried about breaking it then get insurance, if you're worried about damaging it's looks then the case isn't going to help as that will damage the looks all by itself.

kwickone

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I prefer no case. The issue is that most (if not all) Nokia phones are too darn slippery without one. I always try to find the thinnest and lightest case available, that provides a bit more grip.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a 925 and bought a yellow wireless charger case. looks great now and protects the camera lens and the corners. it gets just great with this case and give you more grip because the phone is very slipery.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a 920 and while I like the phone without a case, I'm used to carrying the phone in a horizontal case. I've used an Amzer holster and like that setup a lot. I also have a leather horizontal that works but it's a little tight and so got the Incipio hybrid case and then bought a pleather horizontal case that's a bit oversized to carry the 920 with the Incipio hybrid case on it works really well and I'm quite happy. I'm thinking about the 930 but I'm probably waiting to see what else is coming soon as I'm not sold yet on the 930. I'm still thinking hard about a 32GB 1520 and the rumored LG WP8.1 device based on the LG G3 is very intriguing. Decisions Decisions !

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the Lumia 810 with the Cyan charging cover. No other case, I do use an antiglare screen protector but that's it. I have dropped this phone repeatedly, kicked it across parking lots when it was sitting in my lap when I got out of the car, it barely has a scratch on it. These things are tough, there is no question about that. I have dropped it from 12 feet while using the light in a high ceiling, onto concrete and nothing, one corner of my charging cover has a little scratch. One of the most solid phone I have ever owned. +810View attachment 67682View attachment 67683View attachment 67684

Wow !! This thing is impressive!!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I use a case when at work and don't everywhere else. The case is a transparent red tpu case, so it does not change the look of the phone very much

I have a red 1520, the corners on this phone hold up much better than the 920 did.

I am not a fan of aluminum on smartphones because of how soft it is.

Yeah !! That's the only thing making me afraid ,the aluminium !!

German_Hawkeye

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Well i dont like the design if my 920, i love it! But that was a very expensive phone for me so i put in a very cheap hard plastic case.Yeah that get rid of the really nice design but i think it was the right decision to go that way. The phone itself looks like new (except for scratch on the screen that is only barely visible if the screen is off). The phone took some falls and impacts that cost it the vibration and later the QI-charging(Wireless Charging)(no worries Nokia repaired it). The case looks well worn out but is still intact!
For my 1520 i got several cases and i like the mumbi X TPU the best, the 1520 is very slippery and it has not nearly such a good look like as the 920 in my opinion. So i dont mind the cover and with it it does not slip throu my fingers.
Even with the cases i try to be carefull with my phones but misshaps will still happen and i dont need to use them like a raw eggs.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a 920 and while I like the phone without a case, I'm used to carrying the phone in a horizontal case. I've used an Amzer holster and like that setup a lot. I also have a leather horizontal that works but it's a little tight and so got the Incipio hybrid case and then bought a pleather horizontal case that's a bit oversized to carry the 920 with the Incipio hybrid case on it works really well and I'm quite happy. I'm thinking about the 930 but I'm probably waiting to see what else is coming soon as I'm not sold yet on the 930. I'm still thinking hard about a 32GB 1520 and the rumored LG WP8.1 device based on the LG G3 is very intriguing. Decisions Decisions !

I think the same regarding the wp8.1 device for LG it would be just amazing , and that's why I'm posting a new thread about it: p

kevindub

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've tried two case so far for my 1020. The first was a wallet like case it made the phone heavy and I didn't enjoy my phone all that much. Trying to play games or use it for a prolong period of time never worked out well. Also the credit cards slots caused small scratches on the screen protector.
716fjyDG55L._AA1500_.jpg

My second case is a bit more functional. It's easy to slip in and out so I can feel the phone great texture when I want to, but I still get the protection of having it in the case. My suggestion would be to get some thing that is thin if you think you need a case or go natural.
$_57.JPG

My suggestion would be to get some thing that is thin if you think you need a case or go natural.

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I've tried two case so far for my 1020. The first was a wallet like case it made the phone heavy and I didn't enjoy my phone all that much. Trying to play games or use it for a prolong period of time never worked out well. Also the credit cards slots caused small scratches on the screen protector.
View attachment 67687

My second case is a bit more functional. It's easy to slip in and out so I can feel the phone great texture when I want to, but I still get the protection of having it in the case. My suggestion would be to get some thing that is thin if you think you need a case or go natural.
View attachment 67688

My suggestion would be to get some thing that is thin if you think you need a case or go natural.

The second one looks gorgeous!!

skotchny

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately YES. I hate cases but have cracked the screens on my 920 and 925. the way the screens are they will crack if you drop it. The charging case on the 925 is useless. Before these phones I had never broken a screen (and had dropped previous phones many times). I almost feel it is a design flaw as it is just too easy to do. the other people I know with 920s have also broken them and now have massive cases on them...

Murilo Neves

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I had to learn it the hard way. My 820 felt tough, heavy like a tank until I accidentally dropped it from waist height. Broke the AMOLED display. Thankfully, the touch was working fine.
When it fell, I got a mini heart attack and I don't want to get it again. I have been using a case ever since. It made my 820 more bulky, and ruined the phone's looks but I guess it's a compromise. worth considering.

With only three months of use left my lumia 720 drop the table (had no protection), cost me half the price of the phone to fix it. The touch stopped work over the time

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I found holding the actual phone without a case is a lot better than having one. However more than anything I prefer to be safe than sorry. A couple bucks for some protection won't hurt. You never know when an accident may occur and if in case that happens, I figure having a 10 dollar case would still be better than a hundred bucks for a new casing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes