New Icon Case I came across...

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So I am not new to trying out cases, I easily get bored and rotate / buy cases.
I have used the stock ones that Verizon has, tried the PureGear slim black (was my favorite for awhile), and I even went without a case for awhile.
I came across this case and it came in yesterday and I am really liking the fit and design. (and the fresh leather smell)
I thought I would share with the rest of the icon users. I am sure with the release of the 930 many more cases will surface but for now this one is very professional looking and works great. I actually removed my screen protector which was getting rather dirty on the edges.
I kind of wish I would have tried a colored one but I went safety first (because of cost) with the black.

TETDED Premium Leather Case for Nokia Lumia Icon 929 -- Dijon II (LC: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
Yes, nice looking cases. They have ones without the front cover and those look great. I hate to put a case on my white Icon, but if I did, that is the one I would want. How much in dollars?

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
$49 for the one I ordered.
FYI On the page in the upper right hand corner you can change your currency to dollar, euro or pound. I didn't know that and figured when I purchased it that it would automatically change from euro to dollar when checking out. It didn't so I paid and extra $2 roughly doing the euro.
Also with this case over their other one it has a slit at the top of the cover so you can talk on the phone with the case closed. Maybe this is standard on other flip cases but I thought it was a nice touch.:smile:

Last edited:

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Or these at a fraction of the cost.
Of course I am sure they are not made of leather like the first ones I posted but good to see some variety coming out. Looks like they were smart enough to include the slit though on the front cover over the earpiece just like the TETDED case.
Not too sure about that cover flap thingy though...

Amazon.com: VSTN?Nokia Lumia 930 Fresh style Ultra-Thin PU Leather Case (Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories

Update: Actually it does say leather, not too sure what kind of leather though... ~Shrug~

UPDATE: As posted below these don't even appear to be for the 930 or 929 unless it is something in the works.
Anyways this is a better comparison to my original case link.
http://www.amazon.com/Dreamviva-Lea...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2594404

Last edited:

CommieCOZY

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hold off on buying that case. Unless the linked the wrong pictures, that case is clearly for the Nokia Lumia 630. No cutout for the led flash is the giveaway. Furthermore, the case is actually manufactured by Nillkin, which does not have any cases for the Lumia 929/930 listed on it's website.:asleep:

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hold off on buying that case. Unless the linked the wrong pictures, that case is clearly for the Nokia Lumia 630. No cutout for the led flash is the giveaway. Furthermore, the case is actually manufactured by Nillkin, which does not have any cases for the Lumia 929/930 listed on it's website.:asleep:

Good catch I just looked at the front and the colors and posted the link.
Maybe something more like this then for a comparison to the original case link that I posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Dreamviva-Lea...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2596760

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I think part of the reason they have that big circle in the back is so that the PureView & Zeiss branding is visible.

The unfortunate thing is that the Icon has a different placement for that branding than the 930 does. On the Icon, that branding goes below the lens, on the 930, it's to the right of the lens. So the circle will probably cut off the branding on the Icon, and it would look even worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk