Sync IE?

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have made the jump to Windows Phone with the Lumia Icon. I love the phone and it is great.

I have used many phones over the years. Blackberry (7), Android, IOS and some BREW phones. I bought the Icon because I was tired of my consumer products being disjointed. What I mean is, I use Windows, so why not use it on all my devices? In theory the idea sounds good, but I ran into a problem.

I am trying to move to IE on my desktop PC. So I was thinking that my favorites would sync for my PC to my phone. Am I missing something? My device seems to be lacking that rather simple feature?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Windows 8 on your PC? Mine sync between all of my devices. SP3, PC with 8.1, and my Icon.

How did you achieve this? I know your IE favorites will sync from say your desktop to your tablet or laptop when you sign in with your Microsoft account. But your phone? How? Is this a new feature under WP8.1 or did I miss something?

astell

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I am running WP8.1 too. Might be a 8.1 feature, I don't remember pre 8.1 to be honest. Settings>Sync My Settings >IE

Make sure it is turned on for IE.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
When i open the tabs page on my Icon, if i scroll to the right it has a column that says "Tabs on Surface" so i know it's syncing to my Surface. I didn't even have to set anything up. It just syncs across all devices on your Microsoft account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon