No data on 3G

al2fast

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
New to the icon. Got it on Thursday. Promptly loaded 8.1 developer and ran all the updates. I'm not blown away, but it's nice, I'm not running back to my G2 yet. However I went up north yesterday and as soon as I lost 4g I lost all data. No MMS pics coming through and no weather, Internet.... Made crystal clear phone calls and texts went through, but no data. Played with the network settings but could never get it to go. Others with Verizon, at&t, and cellcom carriers had no issues. HTC, iPhones, motos, none had issues.

So is there an issue with 8.1 developer? Bad phone? Recommended settings for data all the time? I have data roaming options set to roam. Tried GSM and the CDMA settings under the sim card and no changes. Tried rebooting the phone between changes and no luck.

Thanks.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
New to the icon. Got it on Thursday. Promptly loaded 8.1 developer and ran all the updates. I'm not blown away, but it's nice, I'm not running back to my G2 yet. However I went up north yesterday and as soon as I lost 4g I lost all data. No MMS pics coming through and no weather, Internet.... Made crystal clear phone calls and texts went through, but no data. Played with the network settings but could never get it to go. Others with Verizon, at&t, and cellcom carriers had no issues. HTC, iPhones, motos, none had issues.

So is there an issue with 8.1 developer? Bad phone? Recommended settings for data all the time? I have data roaming options set to roam. Tried GSM and the CDMA settings under the sim card and no changes. Tried rebooting the phone between changes and no luck.

Thanks.

Had a similar issue with my 1020 - are you on Cyan firmware yet? Go to settings > extras+info and check back with us. I was on the PFD with Lumia Black firmware and I lost my LTE. Came back with the Cyan update

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks says I'm still on black. I didn't think cyan was available yet. Checked for updates and says none available.

Not available for the icon yet.(cyan).

Ahh guts that's right I forgot about reading all those complaints about Verizon not releasing the Cyan update....flashing back to retail-level software should fix things up if you can't stand waiting at some point, use NSRT to revert back to GDR3...otherwise I'm sure it's just a small bug associated with the most recent update of the PFD (LTE was working fine for me since I got Update 1 a while back on Black)

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Im on the 8.1 DP and I get data on 3G but its extremely slow and 9 times out of ten refuses to load any webpage I try to go to.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I strongly advise anyone having issues while on DP to revert to 8.0. Some have issues some don't. I don't know why its hit and miss, but I think you might be one of the affected people. I would either wait for Cyan to become available or get a different phone on a carrier that actually seems to care (which is unfortunately only AT&T)

Thanks.

al2fast

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'm in the process of updating the Nokia Software Updater to revert to 8.0. I couldn't get Tune in radio to stream again today on LTE. I'm just going to flip this phone and make some money. I'll wait for the next one on Verizon, got a contract renewal coming up in January, so hopefully there is a new phone out by then that I can test drive....or flip carriers.

The camera is better than my G2, doesn't look like you painted it with water colors. I didn't play with it enough to try and get the pictures better indoors and they were only marginally better in auto mode. The interface is nice and smooth. I wouldn't say better or worse than ios or android, just different. I liked it. It was weird too because I had a hotmail account on it and a gmail account on it and my old android phone and my android tablet would get emails minutes before my Icon on wifi. Must be 8.1, I never even tried the phone on 8.0. I'll be able to turn this phone for a profit at this point so by not being awed by it I will sell.

Thanks for all the tips.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm leaving Verizon over this mess. I just can't decide if I want to pay the ETF or not. My contract is up in May so in May one way or another I'm either on AT&T or Cricket with a 1520.3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2